WARNING:: Do not drive or park under acorn trees. - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

WARNING:: Do not drive or park under acorn trees.

One dented my trunk lid the other day and I had to pay $150 for a mobile unit to come to my work and fix it in the parking lot, so i didnt have to miss work.

it looks perfect now but the car seems to dent easy.. because my last car (chrysler 300) never got an acorn dent in the year that I had it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Cubioh
lol ouch. Thank you for the warning!

I would have to also add that I agree about these cars denting easily. You have to baby them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supes2011GT View Post
shoot just say i'm sorry officer it really wasn't my fault i swore i saw a toyota in my rear view mirror
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010
74stang2togo

Yall are nuts.

N-V-T-S nuts! (name that movie!)

Seriously though, thanks for the warning, I'll have to make sure not to park under my pecan tree next spring (where I parked my previous daily driver for four years with no problems).

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Warning: Don't park under acorn trees.

WOW, captain MASTER of the OBVIOUS strikes again.

ok ill play:

Warning: Don't drink sulfuric acid....it might burn. (eye roll)

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

We had a windy day this week and it blew an acorn down onto my car. And if your from New England most driveways and streets have acorns overhead. They're kinda hard to avoid
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74stang2togo View Post
Yall are nuts.

N-V-T-S nuts! (name that movie!)

Seriously though, thanks for the warning, I'll have to make sure not to park under my pecan tree next spring (where I parked my previous daily driver for four years with no problems).
History of the World, Part I

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010
PONY Member

Too Funny...Recently attacked also by an acorn

On the way to pick up my wife from work a couple days ago... like slow motion falling from the sky an acorn came and smacked the middle of the hood near the windshield... no visible damage!!! You are doing a great service warning of the infamous acorn.

2011 Mustang GT Premium Package, Candy Red, Security Pkg
Mods to Date; Vortech V3 Supercharged/Intercooled/9 lb boost, JLT Blow through intake, Tial 50mm Race BOV, K & N Breathers, JPC RACING Tuned,Vortech Boost A Pump, TREMEC Magnum T56 Magnum, Mcleod RST twin clutch, Upgraded clutch line,Modular flywheel, Aluminum Driveshaft,Borla ATAK Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs,Adjustable Panhard,Raxiom Halo lights, Raxiom tail lights, GT/CS 19 inch wheels,LED Boost Guage, PLX Kiwi wideband
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010
GT Member

The 300s must be hit and miss. Our 2005 was very thin skinned and was easily dinged. The 2010 is the complete opposite. It is less prone ot dings that even my F-150.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Living here in N Atlanta metro area for a couple years now and drives down certain roads and highways have me saying... "pine cones and acorns please, please, please, please stay on the trees" while I drive underneath them. Stopped on Bethelview earlier this week I heard the dreaded "thunk". Yep, nice little dent right in the center of the roof. Not too noticeable but will wait until the trees have lost all their ordinance before I have it fixed.

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-GT coupe appearance pkg 5
-Steeda CAI
-LD Performance Custom tune
2011 Mustang MCA edition
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Its always rocks from 18 wheelers hurling into my bumper and hood when im driving 78mph that kill my cars..

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

i don't like parking under trees in general due to the pterodactyls (in my yard) leaving 5" diameter piles on my cars.
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I had two Walnut trees hanging over my driveway. They are not the size of acorns, but the size of GOLF BALLS. Anyway I had them choped down before getting my car.My old driver has plenty of "proof" marks to indicate they used to be there.
Well wouldnt you know my neighbour has a walnut tree growing close to my fence. They are fast growing trees and it had walmnuts on it for the first time this year. They were just starting to hang right over my driveway at the front of my garage.
To make a long story short, I had to do some talking and worked out a deal with my neighbour. I did something for him, and he cut down the Walnut tree. Now I can sleep at night.
I cant believe we have so much time on our hnds that we are talking about something like this on here. It is sad. lol.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
PONY Member

Holy Crap!

I thought I had avoided a dent...until I threw some polish on, stood back, and there it was. These things do dent easy! I took a direct hit while driving. I won't get it fixed until spring...but really ticks me off. I also found what appears to be a bubble/paint defect as well. Here we go...

2011 Mustang GT Premium Package, Candy Red, Security Pkg
Mods to Date; Vortech V3 Supercharged/Intercooled/9 lb boost, JLT Blow through intake, Tial 50mm Race BOV, K & N Breathers, JPC RACING Tuned,Vortech Boost A Pump, TREMEC Magnum T56 Magnum, Mcleod RST twin clutch, Upgraded clutch line,Modular flywheel, Aluminum Driveshaft,Borla ATAK Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs,Adjustable Panhard,Raxiom Halo lights, Raxiom tail lights, GT/CS 19 inch wheels,LED Boost Guage, PLX Kiwi wideband
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
I had two Walnut trees hanging over my driveway. They are not the size of acorns, but the size of GOLF BALLS. Anyway I had them choped down before getting my car.My old driver has plenty of "proof" marks to indicate they used to be there.
Well wouldnt you know my neighbour has a walnut tree growing close to my fence. They are fast growing trees and it had walmnuts on it for the first time this year. They were just starting to hang right over my driveway at the front of my garage.
To make a long story short, I had to do some talking and worked out a deal with my neighbour. I did something for him, and he cut down the Walnut tree. Now I can sleep at night.
I cant believe we have so much time on our hnds that we are talking about something like this on here. It is sad. lol.
That is some good furniture wood there.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
Rookie

SOB! I live amongst tall oak trees....I THOUGHT all the acorns were down...haha
I found three dings on my roof yesterday. Maybe I can have them fixed.

--
2011 V6 Premium Pony Package
Black, Saddle Leather
Manual, 3.73 FRP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page