Boss knock off...Would You? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Boss knock off...Would You?

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what stripes I would want for a GB 5.0. The guy at the ford dealership showed me a book of their in house "custom" stripes. Most of them were pretty hideous! The only ones i have been ok with are ford Over the top factory stripes. Not much of a fan for anything else...i.e C.S. I ran across fordcustomegraphics.com and found a few things..Most are pretty ugly mind you but they had a few.

So to get down to it, Pair up the hood with the roof and find your side stripes and presto, 302 boss. $369 each + installation and a 3 year warrenty. Throw in a lower valance with a billet grill and you got a close clone. I haven't made my mind up on this and of course I wouldn't dare but a "boss" badge on it to make it a fake but Im sure some would. Maybe in the end Ill just stick with the over the top stripes, who knows.

Let me know what you guys think

1988 Mustang 5.0 LX
T5 swap, Long tube headers, x-pipe, intake, new interior, upgraded fuel injectors, still working on it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010
PONY Member

I can understand the "want to", but I wouldn't do it.

2012 Mustang GT Premium - Lava Red - Lava Red interior - 6R80 - Glass Roof - HID/SP - EP - RVC - RSS - CP - Remote Start
Ordered 4/30/11 VIN 5/26/11 Sticker Online 6/2/11 Build 6/8/11 ETA 6/29/11 ETA2 7/4/11 ETA3 7/11/11 Delivered 7/13/11
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I wouldn't either, I went with the White OTT Strips from Ford, IMO they look better than the Black on the Grabber Blue

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010
PONY Member

I will be the first to admit that I am doing a tribute BOSS 302. I actually have been planning this since I first heard the rumors of the 5.0 return in '06. My car is going to have Steeda CAI, SCT tune, Borla Exhaust, FRRP 5300-P springs, Koni yellow adjustables, aluminum driveshaft,adjustable Panhard rod and graphics including CS blackout panel, Pony faux gas cap,full blackout hood with pinstripe, 1969 BOSS 302 stripe kit (which I was mock up fitting to a GT in my dealers lot last Sunday; only trouble is debadging the 5.0) and any future engine mods that FRRP comes out with next year. To be honest I was at Laguna Seca when the BOSS was introduced and would love to have one but the Navigation/Sych options are that compelling to me that I can't believe Ford won't allow them as BOSS options. Anyway I hope I'm not to much of a poser but love the 60's graphics look and I do intend on making my car live up to the legend.
Steve

6 Piston GT500 Brembos, 3.55, 6 speed manual, Sparco Ergo seat, Ford Racing Sparco race steering wheel, Koni Yellows, Boss 302S WC splitter, GT500 rear axle cover, Differential cooler, Cobra Jet Intake, Boss Graphics, Setrab 934 Air to Oil Setrab cooler, M-2004-MB brake cooling kit, Ford rotors, Carbotech XP24/XP20 pads, M-5300-P springs, FRRP Laguna Seca 19x9, 19x10 wheels, GT500 axlebacks, ARH 1 7/8" Headers/3" X-Pipe, Ford Racing SCJ throttle body, Ford Racing CJ CAI, AED tune.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

As long as you don’t put the BOSS 302 graphic on the side I think it is okay but with a G.Blue you have so much potential other than big black swathes!

I do understand the desire to make your car like the ones of ol’…at some point I think I want to take a crack at a MACH 1 tribute/scheme. I’ve seen some pics of one in a magazine; it was close to what I was thinking and looked really good!

Me: 2011 Black GT 5.0/400A/MT/Brembos/Acc Pkg #4/Comfort Pkg/3.31 Born:3MAY2010
MODS: Steeda CAI, Bama Tuned SCT, Magnaflow X-Pipe, UPR C-Can, 8000K Hids, GrabberPony Shifter Ball, & goin' Blacker!!!

The Wife: 2008 Hemi Orange Challenger SRT8
MODS: MBRP Cat-Back, HHP Tuned Diablo, 85MM T-Body, MOPAR CAI & StrutBar, & BilletTech C-Can
De Oppresso Liber
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010
PONY Member

I like this one. Don't like fakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrardente View Post

'73 Mach 1 - Boss 351 clone in progress
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010
GT Member
5.0L Member

i dont think a clone is a bad thing. if i was to do it, i would go with more of the traditional boss 302 stripes from the 69/70 model. im not a big fan of the newer stripes....

87 Mustang GT Convertible
"WhiteThunder"
209rwhp/297rwtq
Mods: bbk cai, accufab 70mm tb & egr spacer, bbk catted hpipe, flowmaster americanthunder catback.
PARTIAL RESTORATION IN PROGRESS
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanryan0510 View Post
i dont think a clone is a bad thing. if i was to do it, i would go with more of the traditional boss 302 stripes from the 69/70 model. im not a big fan of the newer stripes....
The salesman showed me as one of there in house stripes. It's not too bad.

1988 Mustang 5.0 LX
T5 swap, Long tube headers, x-pipe, intake, new interior, upgraded fuel injectors, still working on it!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

I like the grabber blue with white stripes.

|2011 Mustang GT 5.0L | 3.73 | Brembo Package | Race Red |

Mods: Borla Cat-back S-Type Exhaust | Barton Shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page