How does AT w/3.15 beat MT w/ 3.73? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
The 1-2 shift on the street Pirelli's will put you into whatever wall you might be close to.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I ran against a White 5.0 AT last weekend at BB, they had same mods as mine but different Tuner shop did their tune. They even had a drag radial and the best he could do was a 12.68 @112 leaving off the foot brake probally about 2k rpms
I went [email protected] with a 2.01 60' leaving softly and pedaling in 2nd gear to get it to stop spinning. I know with the ET streets off my other car, this car is a solid 11 car launching the car at 5k, but since then, I have put a complete exhaust so should be even faster. Of the 6 5.0's that has ran out there my is still the fastest. I'll report more after this weekend's NMRA race.

RYAN
2000 GT Ultimate/Ultra Street 275 Project
2011 Kona Blue GT 5.0 [email protected] MPH N/A Stock 235's
Apprentice

Keep us posted please. What are the typical times people are getting with AT? I heard that the AT is fastest also, but have not seen the numbers.

The professional drivers from the magazines are getting about 12.7 sec on 1/4 mile (with brembo package and MT with 3.73 gear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRBURN View Post
I ran against a White 5.0 AT last weekend at BB, they had same mods as mine but different Tuner shop did their tune. They even had a drag radial and the best he could do was a 12.68 @112 leaving off the foot brake probally about 2k rpms
I went [email protected] with a 2.01 60' leaving softly and pedaling in 2nd gear to get it to stop spinning. I know with the ET streets off my other car, this car is a solid 11 car launching the car at 5k, but since then, I have put a complete exhaust so should be even faster. Of the 6 5.0's that has ran out there my is still the fastest. I'll report more after this weekend's NMRA race.

GT Member

Obviously, the correct answer is MT and 3.31...

2011 401a Brembo Electronics HID
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
Although if you manually shift your auto on a road course it can still run in the sweet spot and still shifts faster.
While I have not tried this, from looking at the auto it seems this might be a bit tricky to do...especially if it goes past third gear. I also suspect the shifting might be a bit slower through the auto console than the manual.

Current Ride: 2014 RAM 1500 SPORT
Toy: 89 RX7-Turbo (Future LS Swap)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page