Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tire options or Brembo wheels

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TallCarGuy 
#1 ·
I didnt realize that the drag tires available in 19" are pretty well non existent. Does anyone have any information as to what is available for the 19" brembo wheels in the way of soft tires for drag racing and better off the line traction ? I have made the usual tune/ CAI mods to my car and find the stock tires practically usless for standing start accelleration. Has anyone found a solution ?

#2 ·
As far as I know no one makes a 19 drag radial. Your best bet is if you can get a 17" rim fit, then go that route.
Or take the Brembos off and put standard brakes on it. May find someone with standards that would do some trading and $.

#3 ·
While I love the look of those wheels that come with the Brembos, 19's make for an expensive less manufactured tire. 17's or 18's really are the way go since they have a plethora of tire options.

#4 ·
After looking and looking here is what I am going with, get a set of wheels & DR tires for the rear...don't worry about the fronts (just air them up to 50lbs :) ) plus a jack and lug wrench. Then just swap out at the track.

Race stars has a 17 X 10 wheel that will open up the DR selection (also they have 15" rim but not sure if we can use it.)

I do kinda of consider the 19" tire/wheel combos a one time use item...after the P-Zeros have used up the tread I plan to find some 18" rims with tires. I am almost certain that will still be cheaper than 4 X 19" tires!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.