Tire options or Brembo wheels - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Tire options or Brembo wheels

I didnt realize that the drag tires available in 19" are pretty well non existent. Does anyone have any information as to what is available for the 19" brembo wheels in the way of soft tires for drag racing and better off the line traction ? I have made the usual tune/ CAI mods to my car and find the stock tires practically usless for standing start accelleration. Has anyone found a solution ?

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010
Apprentice

As far as I know no one makes a 19 drag radial. Your best bet is if you can get a 17" rim fit, then go that route.
Or take the Brembos off and put standard brakes on it. May find someone with standards that would do some trading and $.

RYAN
2000 GT Ultimate/Ultra Street 275 Project
2011 Kona Blue GT 5.0 [email protected] MPH N/A Stock 235's
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010
PONY Member

While I love the look of those wheels that come with the Brembos, 19's make for an expensive less manufactured tire. 17's or 18's really are the way go since they have a plethora of tire options.

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

After looking and looking here is what I am going with, get a set of wheels & DR tires for the rear...don't worry about the fronts (just air them up to 50lbs ) plus a jack and lug wrench. Then just swap out at the track.

Race stars has a 17 X 10 wheel that will open up the DR selection (also they have 15" rim but not sure if we can use it.)

I do kinda of consider the 19" tire/wheel combos a one time use item...after the P-Zeros have used up the tread I plan to find some 18" rims with tires. I am almost certain that will still be cheaper than 4 X 19" tires!!!

Me: 2011 Black GT 5.0/400A/MT/Brembos/Acc Pkg #4/Comfort Pkg/3.31 Born:3MAY2010
MODS: Steeda CAI, Bama Tuned SCT, Magnaflow X-Pipe, UPR C-Can, 8000K Hids, GrabberPony Shifter Ball, & goin' Blacker!!!

The Wife: 2008 Hemi Orange Challenger SRT8
MODS: MBRP Cat-Back, HHP Tuned Diablo, 85MM T-Body, MOPAR CAI & StrutBar, & BilletTech C-Can
De Oppresso Liber
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010
Rookie
S197 Member

Nitto makes 17", 18", 19" and 20" Drag Radials.

Nitto Tire - High Performance Tires for Car and Truck Enthusiasts

I am not sure if our 2011 Mustang wheel wells will handle the 19" 345s but I think more 19" drag radials will be coming out to meet our needs.

Richard Hille
The GT School
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page