Anyone have pictures of Kona blue with a glass roof? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Anyone have pictures of Kona blue with a glass roof?

I've been searching all around but I haven't come across any good exterior pics of a kona blue car with the glass roof (preferably GT). I am currently trying to decide on the color I want and I think I have narrowed it down to grabber blue or kona blue. If anyone would share their pics I would greatly appreciate it .

I'd also like to say this forum has been a great source of info for someone looking forward to ordering a new 5.0. Thanks for all the great pictures and info!

2011 Kona Blue GT | MT - 25k miles - For Sale

2008 911 Turbo Convertible | MT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Food for thought... But, if you flip your car, do you really want a glass roof? I'm just saying. Plus, it's heavy...

|2011 Mustang GT 5.0L | 3.73 | Brembo Package | Race Red |

Mods: Borla Cat-back S-Type Exhaust | Barton Shifter
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I'm pretty sure I want it although it would be nice to see one in person first....none of the dealers in my area have one in stock.

I haven't flipped a car yet and I think the glass roof is pretty tough. The mustang still gets the same crash test ratings all around with it installed.

2011 Kona Blue GT | MT - 25k miles - For Sale

2008 911 Turbo Convertible | MT

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

GB Glass roof

Sorry I don't have pics of the roof highlighted.

Love it. Light of vert, no wind, good AC, same body lines as hardtop.

28# more, same body stiffness, same crash rating. So performance same as hardtop.

From 10+ feet away side view same as hardtop since paint is above the doors. Unless your 7ft.

It will be striped soon and more photos then.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frontq.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	111527   Click image for larger version

Name:	back.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	111528   Click image for larger version

Name:	roof.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	111529  

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Grabber Blue, 400A, MT82, 3.73, glass roof, acc pkg4, OTT white stripes, Roush Axlebacks
6/4 Order, 8/16 Build, 9/9 Arrived

1986 Mustang GT 5.0(sold)
1983 Capri RS 5.0(sold)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshep01 View Post
Food for thought... But, if you flip your car, do you really want a glass roof? I'm just saying. Plus, it's heavy...
23 pound difference on a 3650 pound car?... and if you aren't tracking... not an issue at all, and realistically, not really an issue if you are tracking.

If you flip your car you have other things to worry about. You have a greater chance of hitting a deer in the middle of the road and having its body go right through the windshield and knocking off your upper torsoe ... that is more worrisome to me than flipping a car onto a glass roof (which actually adds more lateral stability to the structure than the plain metal coupe roof).

The glass roof is awsome.. . I have a kona blue with glass roof, I think I have pics posted here somewhere... if you look through some of my earlier posts you'll see them I believe. If you are on the edge of the fence.... just check the box, you won't regret it.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010
Apprentice

Here, although the glass roof is hardly seen.
It's great, changes the interior of the car, specially in my case, every once in a while I have my kids in the rear seats.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P5280920s.jpg
Views:	2065
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	111531  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010
PONY Member

3 pics.

Just happened to take these today...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Inside.JPG
Views:	640
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	111532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side.JPG
Views:	547
Size:	551.2 KB
ID:	111533   Click image for larger version

Name:	Top.JPG
Views:	525
Size:	529.3 KB
ID:	111534  

2011 GT Kona Blue with 401A Black+Cashmire - HID, Security, Brembo, 3.55, Comfort, Rear Camera, and Glass Roof.
Mods: Steeda Sport Springs and HD mount (2011+ style), Koni "Yellows", UMI roto-joint adj. PHB - oh, and one big scratch in a BBP wheel!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Hi Friend!
I bought a 2011 Mustang Gt premium coupe with the glass top!
I LOVE IT!! She's the talk of the town!!!
You can't see the top well because its tinted but it's glass!
A visor pulls from the inside ( black mesh type) if you didn't want the light. It's Awesome!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	111535   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	111536   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	111537  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

did most of you guys order your car with the glass roof? i'm a little curious because out of 3 dealers, i didn't see any glass roof cars on the the lot. i wasn't interested in buying one, but i still wanted to see one in person. maybe the just don't get many in around here.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesessiah View Post
did most of you guys order your car with the glass roof? i'm a little curious because out of 3 dealers, i didn't see any glass roof cars on the the lot. i wasn't interested in buying one, but i still wanted to see one in person. maybe the just don't get many in around here.

I read somewhere (may have been another thread here) that only a small minority of Mustangs are ordered with a glass roof, but a majority of Shelbys have them. I would guess that dealers usually only order up a glass roof on fully optioned cars. If someone is already getting the full kit, they are probably more likely to get the glass roof as well.

The only glass roof I saw was on a solitary 2010 on a dealer lot. Sitting in it and seeing what it did for the interior was enough for me to order it on a 2011.

2011 Mustang GT, Sterling Gray Metallic, 401A Brick Red, 3.73, Brembos, Glass Roof

"All I can do is laugh. The tears dried up long ago."
Apprentice

I would have loved to have gotten the Glass Roof, but I had to make a choice between that or Brembo Brake Package, and let's face it, with a choice like that on a Mustang GT I had to go with the Brembo Package

If I had more money I would have had both though!

Current: 2011 Mustang GT Premium - Kona Blue - Brembo Brake Pkge - Comfort Pkge - 3.55 - HID - Security Pkge

Will be missed!! : 2003 SVT Lightning - Black
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
I would have loved to have gotten the Glass Roof, but I had to make a choice between that or Brembo Brake Package, and let's face it, with a choice like that on a Mustang GT I had to go with the Brembo Package

If I had more money I would have had both though!
I think the stock GT brakes fast enough + I prefer to have all season tires. If its a choice between glass roof and brembo's, glass roof all the way. You would enjoy it every second you are driving (vs enjoying the brembos/summer tires only on occasion).

If I did not buy the convertible, I easily would have gotten the glass roof. Heck, the glass roof looks so nice, I almost considered it instead of the vert.

BTW, there was a Jay Leno video somewhere around here. He has a black Mustang with the glass roof, just looked like an awesome ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page