2011 Mustang Interior rattle developed at 700 miles. Glovebox? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I had an 05, glove box rattled
I had a 2010 Glove box rattled
I have a different 201, glove box rattles
When i get a 2012 or 2013, i fully expect the glove box will rattle on that one as well.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have a little rattle on the little black plastic piece between the speedo and tach.

2011 3.7L V6, AM/Bama tune, 3.55, Flowmaster 40s
2000 3.8L V6, 13.92@97.67mph all motor [SOLD]
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

*UPDATE*
I think it's related to the valve that directs air to the dash/foot vents. It rattles horribly with the vents set to either dash only, or foot only. When it's dash and foot, it nearly goes away. It also gets worse when the fan speed is increased.

2011 Kona Blue 5.0 / 400A / MT82 / 3.55 / Brembo Pkg / Comfort Pkg / Security Pkg
Mods: Stuff

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
I had an 05, glove box rattled
I had a 2010 Glove box rattled
I have a different 201, glove box rattles
When i get a 2012 or 2013, i fully expect the glove box will rattle on that one as well.
Funny! This is my FIRST 'Stang - got a glove box rattle. So did you fix it, or just live with it?

I'll try the posted fix - THANKS!!! It's drivin' me nuts...

My temporary solution: Put a BUNCH of heavy crap in it (flashlight, 2x breath mints, spare change, a portable hard disk, a FastTrac toll transponder, ...). Seems to weigh the latch down enough to stop the rattle. Of course when my wife OPENS the GB, all that crap falls out on her feet. Let's see, screaming wife or rattle - what do I choose???

2011 GT Kona Blue with 401A Black+Cashmire - HID, Security, Brembo, 3.55, Comfort, Rear Camera, and Glass Roof.
Mods: Steeda Sport Springs and HD mount (2011+ style), Koni "Yellows", UMI roto-joint adj. PHB - oh, and one big scratch in a BBP wheel!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icckart View Post
Funny! This is my FIRST 'Stang - got a glove box rattle. So did you fix it, or just live with it?

I'll try the posted fix - THANKS!!! It's drivin' me nuts...

My temporary solution: Put a BUNCH of heavy crap in it (flashlight, 2x breath mints, spare change, a portable hard disk, a FastTrac toll transponder, ...). Seems to weigh the latch down enough to stop the rattle. Of course when my wife OPENS the GB, all that crap falls out on her feet. Let's see, screaming wife or rattle - what do I choose???
Well, the rattle stops when you get out of the car.

Just saying...

2011 Kona Blue 5.0 / 400A / MT82 / 3.55 / Brembo Pkg / Comfort Pkg / Security Pkg
Mods: Stuff
Rookie

I had this glovebox rattle as well in my 2011, bent the 'U' shaped striker the latch closes on and it went away - just FYI
Rookie

how did you bend it? my car does it everytime i drive it, i have to open the glove box and shut it hard to stop it

2011 GT/CS
2009 Kubota Tractor (weekend ride)
Rookie

I literally just grabbed the latch/stop piece that's built into the frame and pulled it forward maybe 1/16" of an inch.

Your results may vary, but I'm assuming it just allows the latch on the door itself to 'grab' more easily and securely.
PONY Member

The benefits of job related hearing loss and tinnitis. I just take out my hearing aids and all is quiet.

Well...except for that constant ringing. Can't seem to find that.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by notarad View Post
I had this glovebox rattle as well in my 2011, bent the 'U' shaped striker the latch closes on and it went away - just FYI
Interesting find notarad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes11GT View Post
how did you bend it? my car does it everytime i drive it, i have to open the glove box and shut it hard to stop it
I think you should mention this to your dealer mikes11GT. Others should too and if you need further assistance with getting it repaired, please message me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldncrusty View Post
The benefits of job related hearing loss and tinnitis. I just take out my hearing aids and all is quiet.

Well...except for that constant ringing. Can't seem to find that.
That is too funny oldncrusty, but I donít think thatís safeÖ Lol!:hihi:

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page