What countries are supplying your Mustangs' parts? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

What countries are supplying your Mustangs' parts?

While working on your cars, take a look and see if you can determine the country where the part was made.
Let's see how many different international sources Ford is using to build the 2011 Mustangs.

I was surprised to see my alloy rims were made in China.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman47 View Post
While working on your cars, take a look and see if you can determine the country where the part was made.
Let's see how many different international sources Ford is using to build the 2011 Mustangs.

I was surprised to see my alloy rims were made in China.
Yeppers, wouldn't be surprised to find good portions of the car made in China or other rising Industrial countries. It is unfortunate to be forced to buy stuff from other countries.

I would say more, but what's the point.

2015 Mustang GT PP 401A Black | Roush Supercharger
Old 10-19-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

If every part was made by unionized workers here in the U.S., your 2011 Mustang would cost approximately $85,000. Maybe even more.

There's Pros and Cons of every situation.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.

Old 10-19-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt5339 View Post
If every part was made by unionized workers here in the U.S., your 2011 Mustang would cost approximately $85,000. Maybe even more.

There's Pros and Cons of every situation.
That's why we should get rid of unions....in my opinion.

Toy: 2002 Mustang GT
Daily Driver: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport
Old 10-19-2010
PONY Member

Don't care about Made-in-China wheels. What's NOT so great is that the new Getgrag MT82 6-speed is also Chinese made (4-way joint venture). Some Range Rovers use the MT82, but theirs is made in the UK. Oh, well - hey, the "old" (2010) Tremec was made in Mexico if I read correctly. Globalization at work. If Mr. Geitner gets his way and China revalues their currency that new MT82 might not be so cheap...

2011 GT Kona Blue with 401A Black+Cashmire - HID, Security, Brembo, 3.55, Comfort, Rear Camera, and Glass Roof.
Mods: Steeda Sport Springs and HD mount (2011+ style), Koni "Yellows", UMI roto-joint adj. PHB - oh, and one big scratch in a BBP wheel!
Old 10-20-2010
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icckart View Post
Don't care about Made-in-China wheels. What's NOT so great is that the new Getgrag MT82 6-speed is also Chinese made (4-way joint venture). Some Range Rovers use the MT82, but theirs is made in the UK. Oh, well - hey, the "old" (2010) Tremec was made in Mexico if I read correctly. Globalization at work. If Mr. Geitner gets his way and China revalues their currency that new MT82 might not be so cheap...

Doesn't that imply that their products are worth more than we are currently paying for them? And therefore we should be happy to buy them?

2011 401a Brembo Electronics HID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in