Will the Brembo package push me into ownership?? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOwSPccbzl4...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOwSPccbzl4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
This should show ya the mustang can handle just fine. I do however plan on doing suspension work on mine as soon as I take delivery.

2012 Base GT - Black on black - MT - 3.55
ordered - 7/28/11, build date 8/25/11, bought 10/5/11

Mods: Roush AB's, Boss shift knob/boot, GT500 Steering wheel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs up

So, I made the trek to test drive the car that had the options I would want if i was going to buy one (and then some I wouldn't have picked...tis life).

The Brembo package made a very noticeable difference in the car that I was pleased with. I could see for some where it either wouldn't matter or they wouldn't like it.... for me, it was a healthy step in the right direction, and one that will put off any major suspension work for awhile. I won't go as far as to say it felt like a different car, but for me it was much better.

I think what did in the non-Brembo on Monday for me was when I was running through 1-3 and I hit some rougher pavement, and the car kind of floated .. I knew that for my tastes, that wasn't going to work.

Today's test drive was really good... The whole car felt very planted and very tight ... needless to say, barring some freak thing, I will be counting myself as an owner on Saturday (once they get their freaking badge off the trunk lid ... )

In the end, it's a black 3.73 Brembo package w/ the brick red interior, comfort package and HIDs. I probably wouldn't have ordered either the comfort package or the HIDs, but whatever... hopefully the HIDs won't hit the wallet too hard in the future. Black also wasn't my first choice, but the combo was just too sweet to pass up.

My 10 yr old daughter, of whom I'd been keeping in the dark, was ecstatic as soon as she saw it (lots of jumping around) and my wife liked it even more in person than she did in the pictures. To each his own, I personally think it's a gorgeous combination, as I really like the contrast of the red and black for the interior.. gives it some personality.

Anyway, thanks again for the help and convincing me to give it a try. I look forward to educating myself as much as I can and turning a wrench on this beast. Can't wait to put the S-Types on....

Gingerman & Grattan will be fun next year!!!

"Girlyman" Miata Fanatic goes 5.0 ... what is the world coming to??

2011 Brembo GT Black/Brick 3.73
1995 Miata M
PONY Member

^^ Congrats on the new GT. Post some pics when you can. Black and red combo sounds nice!

2011 Race Red GT/CS, MT, 3.73...

GT Member

Excellent choice. I really enjoy the 401a interior, and the HIDs work well. Hopefully bulbs will be cheaper by the time these fade in 10 years.

The Black/Red is a nice combo.

I had the same floating experience on my non-Brembo test drive. Heavy braking from about 80 mph on a very gentle curve. The rear seemed to be protesting.

2011 401a Brembo Electronics HID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
brembo , miata , suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page