2012 Mustang News? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
2012 Mustang News?

Has anyone heard any info or rumors or leaks for the 2012 Mustangs? SEMA is only about 4 weeks away. I'm really dieing to know since this is my year finally to purchase one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Same here... I'm waiting to hear also what's up for the 2012's.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010
Apprentice

FWIW I'm guessing minimal changes because of all the upgrades they made to the 2011..new motors, new trannies, revised suspension and brakes.. Not much more to do in the short term, maybe color and trim changes. I believe they'll hold off on DI till the 2014 50th Aniversary model. JMO

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010
Rookie

I'm really hoping for some better factory wheel options. The current offerings are very uninspiring when you look at the competition. I like the 19" wheels which come with the Brembo package, but don't want or need Brembos.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr Grace View Post
I'm really hoping for some better factory wheel options. The current offerings are very uninspiring when you look at the competition. I like the 19" wheels which come with the Brembo package, but don't want or need Brembos.
I think there are some pretty nice factory wheels options, like the Brembo's as you said but also the ones on the GT/CS and V6 Performance Package all 3 are 19".

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
I think there are some pretty nice factory wheels options, like the Brembo's as you said but also the ones on the GT/CS and V6 Performance Package all 3 are 19".

They may be 19's... but they're not for everyone. I consider the brembo pkg necessary 90% because the wheels look the best. I don't track the car, I'm pretty sure I'll NEVER need the upgraded brakes, but the wheels look nice, the brakes look sweet, and resale value should be there.

Delivered 5/4: 2012 Mustang GT Premium Grabber Blue 401a w/ Grabber Blue stripe - Brembo, 3.73, Comfort, HID, Security w/ reverse sensing, backup cam

Mods: H&R coilovers, BMR adjustable panhard bar
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If they bring back a nice dark green paint option I'm gonna be effin pissed. Not that Kona blue isn't perty...

2011 3.7L V6, AM/Bama tune, 3.55, Flowmaster 40s
2000 3.8L V6, 13.92@97.67mph all motor [SOLD]
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Probably little more than bug fixes and paint/stripe schemes. Remember they have the Boss as a special edition for 2012, so i wouldnt expect much more than whats listed.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
I didn't expect (or want) any changes to suspension,engine,trans since I have half a garage full of parts I have been buying to put on my 2012. I hope the clutch pedal issue is put to bed and hoping for a better clutch. The one thing I am holding off on is the CAI. I want one of those new intakes FRPP is testing and the CAI for that would be completely different.
Rookie
S197 Member

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4mospd View Post
If they bring back a nice dark green paint option I'm gonna be effin pissed. Not that Kona blue isn't perty...
It sucks that the dark green is only the bullitt editions.

2011 V6 Premium Manual
Sterling Grey
Saddle Interior

202A w/Security pkg
GT Member

They could do some suspension modifications, but I agree that they probably won't do much at all except fix any obvious F/U's that came in the first year. Why blow their load so soon when that "special" year is coming up?

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page