Do these speakers fit? KFC-P680C - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Do these speakers fit? KFC-P680C

I have the base stereo with 4 speakers and I am looking to upgrade

Kenwood - KFC-P680C

These are 6x8 component speakers. I like them because the component system is integrated all into one speaker, kind of like a two-way, but without the reduction in sound quality. It looks very clean and I will not have to drill any holes for the tweeter or to mount the crossover.

But crutch field says they do not fit.

Planning to install these in the front and infinity kappas in the back for bass response. Planning to use factory stereo head unit. But would like to know that they fit.

2011 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Crutchfield wouldnt know if they fit or not because they have not researched a 2011 stereo yet. Check out this thread though: https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ml#post2294717 .

2001 GT Mustang

Cheers!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010
PONY Member

Another question is if you swap out only the door speakers then is it just a direct fit (connectors and in the door) or do you have to do some modifications to make them fit?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog1157 View Post
Another question is if you swap out only the door speakers then is it just a direct fit (connectors and in the door) or do you have to do some modifications to make them fit?
Either cut the wires off from the stock speaker or order the adapter from crutchfeild, both should work.

Yes 6X8s fit well

2011 Mustang GT, Black with Black stripe.
6 Speed Manual.
3.73 + Brembo Brake Package.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.
Appearance Package 4.(Hood Scoop and Rear Spoiler)

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010
PONY Member

Garage
just came back from my local car audio equipment place, and these are the ones they pointed out to me, saying they would be a drop in fit for my stang, after verifying it with their computer and their installer who has done our cars already.

I think I'm going to get these.

2011 V6 Mustang
6 Speed Manual - 3.31 Gears
Kona Blue, Pony Package
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tispho View Post
I have the base stereo with 4 speakers and I am looking to upgrade

Kenwood - KFC-P680C

These are 6x8 component speakers. I like them because the component system is integrated all into one speaker, kind of like a two-way, but without the reduction in sound quality. It looks very clean and I will not have to drill any holes for the tweeter or to mount the crossover.

But crutch field says they do not fit.

Planning to install these in the front and infinity kappas in the back for bass response. Planning to use factory stereo head unit. But would like to know that they fit.
So has anyone put these in their 2011 coupe with the shaker 500?

Did they fit OK and how do they sound?

Never argue with an idiot........They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011
Apprentice

Pretty please let me use know how you like them ... I'm not that thrilled with my polk dxi570 (not that much cheaper than those kenwoods). Was thinking of replacing with Kappas. Didn't know there was a 6x8 plate component set out there.

2012 GT Premium Convertible 401A Kona Blue Charcoal w/Grabber Blue 6spd manual Brembo Comfort HID Reverse Sensing Rearview Camera
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinmyhead View Post
Pretty please let me use know how you like them ... I'm not that thrilled with my polk dxi570 (not that much cheaper than those kenwoods). Was thinking of replacing with Kappas. Didn't know there was a 6x8 plate component set out there.
I installed the direct fit Pioneer speaker which I think are 5X7. With the exception of the original screws having too large a head and screws that come with the speakers being a bit too long, it was a simple swap (by the way, the positive wire is the one closest to the clip on the plug). The original speakers are laughable. They should be on the car that the professor built on Gilligan's Island.

Anyway, these speakers made a huge difference in the sound quality. I'm almost tempted to tackle the rears.......some day.

I'm tired of shows about vampires. I want to see killer umpires!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011
Apprentice

Can anyone provide the part number of the Matra adapter that we need? Also, did you do both the door speakers or just the upper units?

~Darren
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Damn this forum... just ordered these from amazon after seeing this thread, hah.

2012 Kona Blue V6 Premium MCA, stone interior, AT, electronics package, rear camera, reverse sensing & security, HID, 3.31

Ordered: 4/11/2011 | VIN: 5/26 | Window sticker: 6/7 | Build date: 6/13 | ETA: 1st-6/24 2nd-6/29 | Arrived at dealer: 6/24 | Took delivery: 6/27

Mods: BAMA 87P Tune, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, GT500 Diffuser, Shelby Kicker Sub, Painted Mirror Covers, Adjustable Headrests
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStallion View Post
Can anyone provide the part number of the Matra adapter that we need? Also, did you do both the door speakers or just the upper units?

~Darren
Just the uppers and you'll see why when you get them out. You really don't need the Metra adaptors. Just clip the plug off and crimp on two connectors.

I'm tired of shows about vampires. I want to see killer umpires!
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
So has anyone put these in their 2011 coupe with the shaker 500?

Did they fit OK and how do they sound?
So do the KFC-P680C Kenwoods fit or not?

Anyone have them in?

Never argue with an idiot........They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Kfc-p680c

So the KFC-P680C Kenwoods do fit without any problems.

I found this thread very useful

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-speakers.html

I have a couple of points to add:

In one of the pictures attached you'll see I identified the ford's speaker positive to help speed the install of any replacement speaker.

First, I removed the factory plugs from the old speaker and nipped the little tabs off, (negative tab is circled in the photo) then I soldered on the new speaker's wire.

The little crude drawing shows how I attached the new speaker's wire to the old plug , this is a side view and the lower one shows how I bent up the terminals. When I plugged them into the factory harness, I gave the terminals and connectors a wrap of tape to prevent accidental shorts.

The only thing to watch out for when mounting the adapter and speaker is the screw length. You will need some shorter screws in a few spots, it should be obvious.

Anyway, I can report a significant inprovement in clarity and can confirm this is a very cost-effective and simple upgrade. This door panel is easy to get off and on.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Speaker.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	133132   Click image for larger version

Name:	KFC-P680C .jpg
Views:	1033
Size:	360.2 KB
ID:	133133  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page