New 5.0L Engine Swap - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

New 5.0L Engine Swap

Is anybody attempting to swap the new 5.0 into an older chassis yet? I know it's bound to happen eventually, though the engine itself is not cheap! I have been looking around to see if it has been tried yet, but haven't found anything. Anybody else see anything about the subject yet? I'm not going to make any attempts myself, just curious about it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Still a little early for this.

I had seen some talk about doing one in a fox body a while back.

Someone has done it or is doing it on some car because Ford Racing is selling the motors and PCM/Harness kits.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010
Apprentice

It has been done. EFI Renegade racer Bart Tobener of Kurgan Motorsports put one in a Red Fox body notch...I seen it personally this past weekend at Kurgan Motorsports at their new location just North East of Atlanta. Its pretty badass guys.

Here's the info on the new shop location:
Kurgan Motorsports LLC is excited to announce we are moving to Northern Georgia. It was a difficult decision with all the support we’ve had in the chitown area, but we are looking forward to the new challenge. Business will be open in the new Metro Atlanta location for tunes and installations beginning Monday, November 1st. Location details will follow and you can call ahead to schedule your appointment at 815-669-7223, or email [email protected]. The Byron, IL shop will continue business through Wednesday, September 29th. Retail is always open by contacting us at the phone number or email address above.

RYAN
2000 GT Ultimate/Ultra Street 275 Project
2011 Kona Blue GT 5.0 [email protected] MPH N/A Stock 235's

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010
PONY Member

stangnet.com is doing a "built to cruise" mustang that they are putting a 5.0 in.

BTC Update: Build Status with Details! - StangNet' Built to Cruise

There were a couple of mustangs at SEMA that had new 5.0 swaps

My Stable:
2006 Ford Mustang V6 Pony Package (Sally)
2009 Mercury Milan
1992 Mustang GT (auto)
1986 Ford Bronco XLT (Papa)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010
Apprentice

there is a guy on SVTP doing the swap into a fox right now...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Bob_Kurgan
yes, we have done it!! We had it running over a month ago.. next is a dyno tune and then a vortech!! Let us know if you have any questions

bob kurgan
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Kurgan View Post
yes, we have done it!! We had it running over a month ago.. next is a dyno tune and then a vortech!! Let us know if you have any questions

bob kurgan
A Bit off topic

I love my 2011 V6, not really a racing guy.

I have a 2004 Nissan Xterra 4X4 that I also like alot. It's pretty basic and does great in the snow, but it has 125,000 miles, is lacking on power and gets horrible gas mileage (averaging around 15 mpg). Already has a 180-hp, 3.3-liter V-6, GVW is about 4,100 lbs.

Since buying the Mustang, I have been dreaming of putting the 3.7 L into my Xterra. Better gas mileage, more power, Run the Xterra for another 150 - 200,000 miles.

Is it possible with the 4X4? Is it reasonable price-wise? I'm sure that anything can be done, but if it costs some crazy amount it's easier to buy a new truck.

2011 Kona Blue White Stripe, V6 Premium Automatic, Pony Package, Glass Roof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page