2011 Mustang Idle Surging / Stability / Stalling Issues? Look in here! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I loaded my performance tune and it was perfect. Then I loaded the race tune and it idles perfectly fine except for cold starts. Then it is pretty bad even though I have had it on for a few days. Is this the same problem everyone else is something? I'm going to try this fix even though it should have learned to idle cold by now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I just had a problem with my 11 and it was a faulty 02 sensor from the factory. They said they had a TSB on this and it fixed all my problems I was having.

Rookie

Thanks for being so dedicated to your customers!

Apprentice

I'm going to add my issue here, since I haven't found any other place to post it. I have a 2012 GT that I bought new about two month ago. Currently have a little under 1,200 miles on the odometer.

I love everything about the car, and even with this issue, I'll live with it. However, I would like to get it fixed. I suppose I could take it to the dealer, but if there's a way around that, I'd opt for it.

Here's the situation:

1. The car has been having a "stammering" issue since shortly after I bought it. After I got a few miles on it, I started punching it every once in a while. It's difficult to explain what it did, but the closest thing I can relate it to is a fuel or ignition issue, like it's missing out, but just barely. It's hardly noticeable, but it's there. Something isn't right in the fuel, ignition, timing, whatever, that's making it accelerate in something less than a perfect response.

2. About a week ago, I noticed it surged when I started it from a cold start. The tach was bouncing from 600 to 1,200 back to 600, back to 1,200. It did that until I backed it out of the garage and started down the street. But when cold, it seems a little unsure of itself at slow speeds. After the engine gets warmed up, it gets back in control, but when you punch it, there's still that acceleration issue. A passenger probably wouldn't notice is unless they were a mechanic with years of experience in tuning cars. But as the driver, I can feel it.

Any suggestions short of taking it to the dealer? I have not disconnected the battery since I brought it home. I'm using Shell 91 octane fuel. I wonder if I should put a bottle of that water absorber in the gas tank.

Someone give me some input here. It's driving me nuts not knowing what's wrong.

Thanks.

2012 5.0 GT - 6MT82 - Sterling Gray - Premium Sports Interior - Comfort Package - 18" Polished Aluminum Wheels
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Chris, sorry to go off the topic but do you guys have any plans to start supplying intune bama tunes? You guys already do trinity so why not intune. Thanks chris.

Jay

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
Apprentice

Question about high-rev trip...

Don't mean to bump this thread, but thought I'd add my 2-cents.

My battery ran down to 11 amps and wouldn't start. After the Battery Tender took 36 hours to full charge, the idle at start-up was FAST. Didn't know about the re-learn procedure.

The RPMs on a 50-mile trip were high (4000) like the auto trans was stuck in 3rd Gear. After parking the car for a couple of hours, everything was back to normal at start-up. On the 50-mile return trip, there was a brief surge when coasting down to 30 mph from 65 mph. But so far, back to normal.

While the car was cruising at 4000 rpm, the temp gauge was a little higher than normal and the Check Engine light briefly flickered on and off momentarily.

Burned more gas than usual, but does anyone know if this 4000 run was damaging to the engine? Oil level was OK start to finish.

Thanks

2018 GT Premium Fastback Lightning Blue/Auto10.
2017 Raptor Black/Auto10/Glass Roof.
Apprentice

BAMA sure does try to fix problems thats for sure. Great customer service and I am on my fourth revision and they are still trying to iron out my stalling issues with the BAMA CAM. I am doing one more idle relearn today and that's all I can do on my end. Hey BAMA Team does anyone know the status of my issues??

2012 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM INGOT SILVER
- AIRAID INTAKE W/ BAMA 93 RACE TUNE
- JBA OFFROAD X W/ PYPE BOMBS
- EIBACH SPORTLINE SPRINGS
- WINDOW TINT
Rookie

Stalling

My 11' gt has been stalling randomly since tune. Maybe after driving 5 mins or 2 hours. Only bought the car a few months ago and it came from ford with a boss 302 intake, kook headers, magma flow exhaust. I put on bbk 85mn tb and steeda tune. I have learned it twice but still stalling. Any ideas?
PONY Member

How did I not see this thread?! I need to try this to see if it helps with my vortech kit.. and if it works I am buying OP lunch tommorow.

2011 Mustang GT - 6 Speed, White, Brembo package
Vortech v3si, homemade intake, Koni yellows, GT500 strut mounts and mufflers, BBK LCAs, Barton 2 post, MT Street Comp tires 255F 285R
567hp/460ft*lb wheel [email protected] / 1.883 60' ([email protected])
1973 Mustang Mach 1- Fuel injected 351c, toploader 4 speed, 9" trac-lok, Hotrod Flatz OD green
PONY Member

I am also stalling. At first I thought it was my AC clutch which I eventually broke due to too much power with AC on in 100 degree weather. Idle with AC off is a little better, but still stalls. Would I be safe in kicking up the idle an extra 100 RPMs? I have had the car in a couple shops for rough idle and still no fix. I was told that forced induction Coyotes will always run rough.

2012 Mustang GT: Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger; Steeda UCA & LCA; BBK Long Tube Headers & x pipe; 3.73, Brembo, Roush 18X10, Nitto 555R Drag Radial 305/40/18, Magnaflow Cat Back. I am just lucky my wife let me buy and modify this car.
Rookie

2012 5.0 idle surging

Chris, I have a 2012 5.0 with these same idle issues. Frequently it even dies at stop lights. I tried the idle teach process but no luck.

Called BAMA and they said its because the race tune is not designed to be ran with AC on.

I don't buy that. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 mustang , idle , idle surge , issues , stalling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page