Sirius antenna cover? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010 Thread Starter
Banned

Sirius antenna cover?

I read someone had one at the sema show? anyone have ideas? paint it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

California Pony Cars now has them. Shark Fin design and come painted. Not to bad for $40.00

Here is the link

Cal Pony

2011 GT/CS Convertible
Race Red
Auto
GT Accessory & Security Package
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuk stang View Post
California Pony Cars now has them. Shark Fin design and come painted. Not to bad for $40.00

Here is the link

Cal Pony
I love the concept but don't like the way they look. I wish the oem part was painted...

2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Performance Package with Equipment Package 201A
MODS: Roush Cold Air Intake

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbaltan View Post
I love the concept but don't like the way they look. I wish the oem part was painted...

i agree !!!!!!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010
PONY Member

They also made pimple Zit caps for your face but the only problem was it gave an enlarged pimple zit look! LOL

The Silent Majority always get slaughtered! It's always the small minority radicals that impose their will on the majority who don't speak up!
Americans have nothing to apologize for except for letting progressives force their will on the majority. :run_over:
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbaltan View Post
I wish the oem part was painted...
Pop it off (easy, 10mm bolt and a electrical harness connection) and paint. Seems like a simple project!

OEM spray paint here: http://www.paintscratch.com
Use some adhesion promoter frst, and some clear after.

Steve
2011 GT in Performance white | 3.73's | FRPP "P" springs on D specs | Fays2 Watts Link | Brembo's | Steeda CAI/Tune | FRPP "X" into GT500 muffs | Sparco Milano seats
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Pop it off (easy, 10mm bolt and a electrical harness connection) and paint. Seems like a simple project!

OEM spray paint here: http://www.paintscratch.com
Use some adhesion promoter frst, and some clear after.
Thought about that to. But on my current car I did that and after awhile it started chipping of that would look very funky on a brand new car.

Also does anybody know that after market replacement part or painting it would affect the satellite reception?

2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Performance Package with Equipment Package 201A
MODS: Roush Cold Air Intake
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010
PONY Member

That is one of the design elements I don't like on the Mustang.

Both the sat antenna and the radio antenna should be gone.

The sat should be hidden within the exterior mirror housing and the radio should be wires within the rear window, by the heating elements.

2011 GT Mustang - Performance White / Brick Red - Cashmere : 401A : Brembo : Electronics PKG : Spoiler Delete : 3.73:1 : Glass Roof : Comfort PKG : Security PKG : HID
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post

The sat should be hidden within the exterior mirror housing and the radio should be wires within the rear window, by the heating elements.
I agree 100%. I would love to know why the AM/FM antenna and the Sirius/GPS antenna couldn't be integrated into that rear spoiler lip? Or at the very least integrate the AM/FM antenna into the rear window (Window Grid Antenna) and paint that Sirius/GPS bump body color. I'd even pay extra from the factory for a small spoiler with an integrated antenna.

Ordered as of April 22nd, 2011: 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium in Grabber Blue/Charcoal Leather. Pony Package, Auto Tranny, 3.31 Gears, Electronics Package, Comfort Package, Back Up Camera, White Tape Stripe, Lip Spoiler and V6 Decklid Panel. :yelpleased:
June 23, 2011: VIN and Build Week received, Build Week July 25th, 2011.
July 21, 2011: Car Built, awaiting shipping. :laughlitt
August 2, 2011: Car Arrived. :smoke:
August 17, 2011: Driving it, finally.
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post

I think ford was trying to keep the spirit of the old school Mustangs alive with the radio antennas. But I agree the satellite antennas are ugly. Painting it shouldn't mess up any reception though.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
-Sterling Grey, 3.73 Gears, 6 speed MT, 400A Spec, Accessory pkg 4, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, Airaid CAI and Bama Custom Tunes. Wooo hoooo!!!!!
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaGTguy View Post
I think ford was trying to keep the spirit of the old school Mustangs alive with the radio antennas. But I agree the satellite antennas are ugly. Painting it shouldn't mess up any reception though.
How does a radio antenna keep the spirit of the old Mustangs alive? I bet back then people even hid the antenna's on those cars.

Ordered as of April 22nd, 2011: 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium in Grabber Blue/Charcoal Leather. Pony Package, Auto Tranny, 3.31 Gears, Electronics Package, Comfort Package, Back Up Camera, White Tape Stripe, Lip Spoiler and V6 Decklid Panel. :yelpleased:
June 23, 2011: VIN and Build Week received, Build Week July 25th, 2011.
July 21, 2011: Car Built, awaiting shipping. :laughlitt
August 2, 2011: Car Arrived. :smoke:
August 17, 2011: Driving it, finally.
PONY Member

The satellite antenna is hidden within the exterior side mirror housing on the Corvette.

2011 GT Mustang - Performance White / Brick Red - Cashmere : 401A : Brembo : Electronics PKG : Spoiler Delete : 3.73:1 : Glass Roof : Comfort PKG : Security PKG : HID
PONY Member

I agree about the am/fm antenna. Ugly. I'll replace with a stubby one.

I've had 3 cars with satellite radio antennas and this one is by far the best looking. If it was painted it would be just fine. It looms a hell of a lot better than the ugly rear gas cap thing. Talk about obtuse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page