Anyone have any experience ordering through blue oval? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenmina1 View Post
I want to order a 2011 GT strut tower brace since they are the only ones who seem to carry it! I am hesistant after reading about their crappy service!
Call Tousley Ford (located in MN) and ask for Steve. I got my '11 GT strut tower brace from them for $106 plus shipping as they give discounts for svtperformance board members. He may give discounts to the board members here too.

I think there has been a price increase since I got mine, but he should still give you a good deal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Why not just use vendors that support this forum? Just looking to my right I see Price Ford, I'm sure they could get a strut tower brace and their customer service would be better than blue oval.

2011 Mustang GT
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Update: my order has shipped. We'll see how the quality is when it gets here. Since the fascia and splitters come from Roush directly I'm really hoping its in good shape.

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

Washington State 5.0 Owner's Thread:

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Update: received my entire order from Blue Oval. Everything came in good shape. Glad it worked out. Big sigh of relief.

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Got all my stuff installed. Everything came fine from blue oval. So it was a good experience for me at least. Here are my pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9326 - Copy.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	484.9 KB
ID:	118717   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9327 - Copy.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	452.8 KB
ID:	118718   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9329 - Copy.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	118719  

PONY Member

Blue oval is.major Roush distributor. Maybe prior complaints from their competitors in disguise since they are often a low price leader.

2011 Mustang 5.0 412HP SG Charcoal Premium Comfort: Auto, Secure & NAV, Remote, HID, ButtCam & GTcs wheels, Sport Stripes, Roush AB's & plush 5.0 Mats!
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFiveO View Post
Blue oval is.major Roush distributor. Maybe prior complaints from their competitors in disguise since they are often a low price leader.
Could be. I had a good experience so I can't complain.

Apprentice

im just posting here and reviving this old thread to give my 2 cents.

I ordered a steering wheel from them. Same problem with tracking info. The response e-mail i received when i asked about tracking info was polite.

But the part i got in the mail was not made to the quality i had expected. Very disappointed. And the color was off.

If you buy a steering wheel made specifically for your car, you would think that the manufacturer would think they would make a grey that would match the exterior paint color like they portray in their images.

This leads me to believe that it was either a knock off or a faulty product BOI bought for cheap. I got the part $110 cheaper than the MSRP on the manufacturers website!

I am absolutely not a competitor to BOI. Just someone looking to mod their stang. You can even look at my previous threads where i ask about the Wheel before i ordered it.

I am dreading going through this return process.
PONY Member

Not a fan of Blue Oval.

Short version: they charged me twice for an item that they didn't have in stock..

2011 V6 PP -> 2012 5.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page