Mustang HID Retrofit: The proper way - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00V6er View Post
$275 for the complete kit which includes projectors, shrouds, ballasts and bulbs. $50 or so for sealant, epoxy, and other miscellaneous items.

Not to worry there, spent a lot of time sealing them up. Epoxied the whole lens to secure it in place, then used window sealant with a 50 year lifetime all around the lens. They're sealed up nice and tight. Although there is one small area that I have to go over, it wasn't properly clamped at the time.
Not sure if the OP is still around. Wonder if the kit's electrical stuff is all plug and play.

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I used a variation of this kit with mine. Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

I should have pictures in a few weeks when I get time to install the lights.

2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black - Brembo/3:73/Security Pkg
GT500 Axle-backs/Spoiler, Resonator Delete, Boss Valance/Splitter, K-Springs,Saleen Grille, CJ Intake Manifold, FRPP CAI, FRPP Exhaust Cams, Mid Length Headers, AED Tune
2001 Mustang GT "BULLITT" #3309 DHG - Gone but not forgotten...
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt 3309 View Post
I used a variation of this kit with mine. Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

I should have pictures in a few weeks when I get time to install the lights.
Thinking of doing a stock retrofit. Having a hard time deciding whether to go with the mini morimotto or the larger FX-R lights. I could live with the slightly lower light performance of the minis, but they seem to have quality issues that the larger FX-Rs do not.

Love the look of the HID in the halogen position.

GT Member

Excellent work!! If that's not unique, I don't know what is.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Apprentice

I would definitely pay for those retrofit HID's headlights! I just wish a aftermarket company would produce those... I need to upgrade my stock headlights.. Poor visibility.

2012 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium MT

Airaid CAI/ Bassani Axleback/ BAMA 87 Performance Tune
Apprentice

Here are the pics of my retrofitted 2011 headlights. I got a set off ebay, so I wouldn't have to take off my originals to convert. Took my time doing this to ensure it looked stock. I used the Morimoto D2S mini's with gatling gun shrouds. I also painted the shields black to darken the appearance of the projector during the day. These are not yet installed, as I plan on doing the fogs and a few other things at once.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0326_resize.jpg
Views:	1327
Size:	729.3 KB
ID:	167895   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0327_resize.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	809.4 KB
ID:	167896   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0328_resize.jpg
Views:	1996
Size:	751.9 KB
ID:	167897   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0329_resize.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	167898   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0330_resize.jpg
Views:	2052
Size:	968.4 KB
ID:	167899  

GT500 Axle-backs/Spoiler, Resonator Delete, Boss Valance/Splitter, K-Springs,Saleen Grille, CJ Intake Manifold, FRPP CAI, FRPP Exhaust Cams, Mid Length Headers, AED Tune
Apprentice

You will also note, I did not have to cut the lights open! I set my over to 230, baked em for 20 minutes. Did some prying to break the permaseal lose, then 20 more minutes in the oven.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt 3309 View Post
You will also note, I did not have to cut the lights open! I set my over to 230, baked em for 20 minutes. Did some prying to break the permaseal lose, then 20 more minutes in the oven.
Really want to retrofit the ones on my 07....but I have ccfl halo headlights....think the halos will be okay if I toss the housing in the oven???

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 GT Performance White
Pype Bomb Axleback
JLT Series 3 CAI
Bama 93 Hybrid Tune
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
Apprentice

I would ask that question to HID Planet. Tons of experience over there.
HiDplanet : The Official Automotive Lighting Forum

MACH I Member

Talk to Kris over at HID Retrofit Lights. He did mine for a very fair price and he's great to work with. He'll do just about any retrofit you want.

http://www.facebook.com/HRLights

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
GT Member

I've had some time to sleep on it, and while these are unique and just plain awesome, I can't help but feel the factory HIDs still look much better. No offence to OP.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Banned

Wow those look awesome!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
I've had some time to sleep on it, and while these are unique and just plain awesome, I can't help but feel the factory HIDs still look much better. No offence to OP.
Why would you need to sleep on it when you already have factory HIDs? Second, I don't think there's a single person who did a retrofit like the HID factory setup. No offence but factory HID just looks odd.

klp
Apprentice

I've got the HID's, didn't really want them but the car had everything else. I think it is the placement of the signal light which I never even noticed until this thread. I guess I didn't pay too much attention.

It makes the car look a little odd. However, being on the outside of the headlight makes the car look pretty cool when you are just running with the marker lights.

'12 Brembo GT - 6MT, 3.73's, Shaker 1000, HID/Security, Comfort package, Steeda CAI, SCT tuner, Borla axle backs, Barton shifter+bracket, Steeda UCA+mount.
PONY Member

u could pick up a set of oem HID headlights for about 500-700 off ebay

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page