Has only added OEM HID after purchase? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by najay View Post
I have a new oem set of 2011 HID assemblies sitting in front of me and the headlight connector IS different - 4 pin and the HID lights require a separate VBAT connection.

Anybody have a service manual printout of the connector pinout for both the Halogen (H13/9008) and HID (WPT-925)?
Check this site mate:2011 Ford Service Manuals

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastv View Post
The OEM is gonne be cheaper than to it after words . The other two options are aftermarket HID kits ( $150-300) or the complete headlights with Halos from American muscle.
I forgot about the Halos. Those are an excellent alternative for about $300.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subiaur View Post
Check this site mate:2011 Ford Service Manuals
I did find that site, but they are missing the connector pictures and pinouts.

2004 Mustang Cobra Mystichrome
2012 Mustang Boss 302 White

PONY Member

Been there done that with the 'OEM' retrofit - remember cruising the boards for TSX projectors.

If you think you'll have any inkling you'll want HIDs OEM, get it at the time of purchase. Unless you're really that crazy about 'em the time and money is much better spent on something like suspension or a supercharger.

2011 GT 5.0 Performance White | 6SPD MT82
Borla | Corsa | 3DCarbon
ucb
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmotorsport View Post
Been there done that with the 'OEM' retrofit - remember cruising the boards for TSX projectors.

If you think you'll have any inkling you'll want HIDs OEM, get it at the time of purchase. Unless you're really that crazy about 'em the time and money is much better spent on something like suspension or a supercharger.
Only issue with this is, its not even an option for a non-premium car. So it becomes a $4800 option instead of an $800 option if you really don't care for what the premium package includes.

I'll be doing a projector retrofit..hard to beat with parts down around $300 including bulbs, ballasts, projectors.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucb View Post
Only issue with this is, its not even an option for a non-premium car. So it becomes a $4800 option instead of an $800 option if you really don't care for what the premium package includes.

I'll be doing a projector retrofit..hard to beat with parts down around $300 including bulbs, ballasts, projectors.

That's my problem. To keep the monthly payments down I went with the base v6. And then (when it gets here) I'll start looking at upgrades. HID lights would be great but with my budget I'm thinking the $2000 OEM parts are a little out of my league.

BD 11/15/11, ETA 11/26, Delivered 11/23, received 11/28
2012 Base v6, Grabber Blue, Manual, exterior sport appearance package, stripe delete, MT82
Apprentice

Useful info

Here is a link I found on SVT with some more info on retrofitting the OEM HID's on a halogen Mustang;

WWW.S197FORUM.COM
PONY Member

I will have to say that I'm glad I bought the premium with the HID/Security upgrade. Love the lights and the overall housing design.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
Apprentice

Anyone know what the parts will cost for a Ford Employee?
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to tuxedoblack11
Check this out:
Web Store - ProjectoRetrofits

Adapts the 2013 F150 HID's to any 2009-2013 Halogen F150, also have a test going to ensure this will work before selling them for the Mustang's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page