condensation inside nav - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage541 View Post
Obviously, his nav has some kind of seal issue just like tail lights/headlights do when they start to condensate. SO IT SHOULD BE REPLACED/FIXED UNDER HIS WARRANTY.
There are two independent boolean conditions for this problem. Either the the NAV is defective / broken or not, or the NAV is broken or not. If it is not defective and if it is not broken, then what is there to fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage541 View Post
So enough of this back and forth bickering. It isn't helping the OP at all and thats what these forums are all about.
Good point! An examination of the information shared in this topic reveals the following:

Proposed Solutions:

winglessOthers
It is unfortunate that expression of an opinion based on the realities of nature cannot be presented in this forum without juvenile expressions of vitriol in return.

2011 GT Mustang - Performance White / Brick Red - Cashmere : 401A : Brembo : Electronics PKG : Spoiler Delete : 3.73:1 : Glass Roof : Comfort PKG : Security PKG : HID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
There are two independent boolean conditions for this problem. Either the the NAV is defective / broken or not, or the NAV is broken or not. If it is not defective and if it is not broken, then what is there to fix?

Good point! An examination of the information shared in this topic reveals the following:

Proposed Solutions:

winglessOthers
It is unfortunate that expression of an opinion based on the realities of nature cannot be presented in this forum without juvenile expressions of vitriol in return.

Looks like most of us are on the same page except for one..... keep typing away.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwmastiffs View Post
definitely inside the screen, i can't wipe it off. The best way i can describe is a windshield getting foggy and turning on the defrost and watching it slowly disappear. I think i will be taking it to the dealer.
What did the dealer discover?

2011 GT Mustang - Performance White / Brick Red - Cashmere : 401A : Brembo : Electronics PKG : Spoiler Delete : 3.73:1 : Glass Roof : Comfort PKG : Security PKG : HID

Apprentice

We have had three cars with Navigation. A Honda, A Nissan and a Acura. We have never seen any type of water vapor inside the unit. The unit should be completely sealed. I ordered a 2012 mustang with navigation. If I ever saw that, I would tell the dealer to replace that right now because that is unacceptable.

Steve B
2012 GT Premium Coupe, Red Candy Metallic/Charcoal Black/OTT Black, HID/Security, Comfort, Camera, Elect Pkg, 64M Wheels, 373 Axle

Ordered 01-21-2011 ● VIN 04-14-2011 ● Window Sticker 04-28-2011 ● Build Date 05-03-2011 ● ETA 05-29-2011
Mods - Rear Splash Guards, DC Custom 1/4 Louvers, Strut Tower Brace, Borla S-Type Axlebacks
FordService

Quote:
Last couple times i drove my car there was condensation on the inside of my navigation screen, and as I drove and turned up the heat it slowly went away. Should i be concerned about this? Seems not quite right to me.
Hello nwmastiffs,

Iím Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I was wondering if you brought your vehicle in to your dealer and if the concern was resolved? Also, if you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me.

Deysha
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Hello nwmastiffs,

Iím Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I was wondering if you brought your vehicle in to your dealer and if the concern was resolved? Also, if you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me.

Deysha
Deysha... is this a legitimate concern or is it considered normal? It's really nice you guys are checking in on things like this.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
PONY Member

Quote:
I think i will be taking it to the dealer.
Has the vehicle been brought to the dealership? What did they find?

PONY Member

Quote:
definitely inside the screen, i can't wipe it off. The best way i can describe is a windshield getting foggy and turning on the defrost and watching it slowly disappear. I think i will be taking it to the dealer.
Quote:
What did the dealer discover?
Quote:
Has the vehicle been brought to the dealership? What did they find?
Has this been brought to the dealer? What did they discover?

GT Member

Bring it in to the dealer with the condensation present. Should be replaced without questions. I've done many, many Navigation installations and despite what one poster says it is not normal and 100% a manufacturing defect.
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I work for Ford, condensation in the screen is not a normal condition in any of the Ford NAV units I've ever worked with; and will likely over time etch the screen, especially in colder climes where the mosture will freeze and delaminate the LCD.

Take it to your dealer.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!
PONY Member

Has the vehicle been brought to Ford? What did they discover?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page