Anyone had any buyback luck? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losnjenn View Post
I am in the process now for my edge the key to the process is a dealership that stands with you. Make calls to for customer service multiple times and if you are patient and your dealer does all they are told to you can get a buy back. The key is knowing your rights and keeping open communication with the dealer because their recommendation is very important. I was very fortunate that my dealer has backed my 100% and were the ones to actually guide me to the whole buy back process.
What's wrong with your Edge ?

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Florida Lemon Law is 3 attempts to fix the same problem, file the paperwork and the manufacturer gets one final repair attempt. If they fail, you file your motion with the state and Ford decides to contest it or accept it. If contested, you will have a hearing with an arbitration official who renders a verdict. If they accept it, they buy the car back for purchase prices + interest paid - A reasonable use charge which is typically $0.15/mile but may have been increased since I filed it 10 years ago.

2011 3.7 V6 Premium, Black on Black Pony Package, Comfort Package, Security Package, Airaid CAI, BAMA 93H, 2.73 gears, SVT Strut Tower Brace, Llumar Window tint
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spoke View Post
Bought a manual 2011 mustang. Quickly developed the shifting problem in second and third gear when cold..ie. when cold no second gear and third gear stiff. Called Ford they said that nothing could be done but should have a fix in 6 months to a year. Told them I was not happy with this, and they should buy back the vehicle or swap it out. With in a hour they made an appointment with the dealer who then changed the fluid to a lighter weight. Problem is better but not gone, now I can shift into second but its still stiff when cold. This wasn't a problem when new. Then tonight I find out that the back quarter panel has been repainted and nobody ever mentioned it to me.

In light of these things has anyone ever had any luck with Ford's buy back program? Starting to feel like I got a lemon between the shifting problem and the repainting.
Look man. I'm going to tell you something here you NEED to understand. There isnt a manual transmission car ON EARTH, that will not have notchy shifting when the trans fluid is cold. THIS IS NORMAL OPERATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have owned several, high performance mustangs, camaros and corvettes. THEY ALL DO THIS. It takes several warmup miles before its going to shift smooth. The weight of the oil is heavier when its cold, and the trans is not going to warm up until you drive it for a few miles. Ford is adding this lighter weight oil to the trans to appease the masses of people who have never owned a manual mustang before like this. I had just in the last few years, an 04 GT, 04 cobra, 07 C6 corvette and an 09 GT500 and now an 11 gt. Every single one shifted like crap when cold. And after 10 minutes of driving, they all feel like butter when warm. On a cold morning when your car bone cold and the fluid is sitting on the bottom of the trans like molasses, thats why this is happening. Case closed. LEAVE IT ALONE, or buy another car. NOt at Fords expense mind you.

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy_One View Post
Look man. I'm going to tell you something here you NEED to understand. There isnt a manual transmission car ON EARTH, that will not have notchy shifting when the trans fluid is cold. THIS IS NORMAL OPERATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have owned several, high performance mustangs, camaros and corvettes. THEY ALL DO THIS. It takes several warmup miles before its going to shift smooth. The weight of the oil is heavier when its cold, and the trans is not going to warm up until you drive it for a few miles. Ford is adding this lighter weight oil to the trans to appease the masses of people who have never owned a manual mustang before like this. I had just in the last few years, an 04 GT, 04 cobra, 07 C6 corvette and an 09 GT500 and now an 11 gt. Every single one shifted like crap when cold. And after 10 minutes of driving, they all feel like butter when warm. On a cold morning when your car bone cold and the fluid is sitting on the bottom of the trans like molasses, thats why this is happening. Case closed. LEAVE IT ALONE, or buy another car. NOt at Fords expense mind you.
Jiggy_one you are clearly not familiar with the issues so many of us are having... What we're experiencing is NOT normal. Notchy shifting in a fully warmed up car in 90 degree temps? Grinding into all gears? Some gears blocked out completely?

Nonsense. Do your homework on this.
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
Jiggy_one you are clearly not familiar with the issues so many of us are having... What we're experiencing is NOT normal. Notchy shifting in a fully warmed up car in 90 degree temps? Grinding into all gears? Some gears blocked out completely?

Nonsense. Do your homework on this.
What you are talking about is not what the OP was talking about smart guy. There is even a TSB on the COLD shifting issue that he already had done. Which is ofcourse a non issue in the first place. Lighter weight trans fluid will smooth out the cold shifting issue but will make hot shifting protection against wear and tear worse. I have done more homework on this than you I assure you.
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Another thread being diverted to the tranny issues . To answer the question though, yes, I have had a VERY successful buyback with my SHO. It all depends on the relationship between you and the dealer. They tried to fix some cosmetic issues 6 times themselves and could not, so they had 2 more engineers look at the problematic areas and take measurements. I talked to the GM and the body shop manager, I was really nice to them (VERY annoying, but nice), they got in touch with the regional rep who came to look at the car. Next thing I know is I got an approval call and letter from Ford. My advice is BE VERY NICE TO YOUR DEALER, BE PERSISTENT BUT NICE. I don't know if me buying 3 new cars from them within 4 years was factored into their decision as well. I am sure this did not hurt.

P.S. I met Deysha at the Ford Taurus forums and she was helpful in getting things rolling on Ford's end. And yes, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw her on this site.

2012 GT500. Black. SVTPP.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy_One View Post
Sorry man you have no idea what you are talking about. There are problems with the MT-82 that you don't normally see in manual transmissions from other manufacturers. There's a difference between notchy and outright grinding and 2nd and 3rd gear lockout. Do some research on this transmission and you will be enlightened. The TSB has worked for some people but not for many as it's a band aid not a fix.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
Sorry man you have no idea what you are talking about. There are problems with the MT-82 that you don't normally see in manual transmissions from other manufacturers. There's a difference between notchy and outright grinding and 2nd and 3rd gear lockout. Do some research on this transmission and you will be enlightened. The TSB has worked for some people but not for many as it's a band aid not a fix.
Again, this thread was started because of the cold shifting issue. This is not an issue. And you are right that putting lighter fluid in it is a band-aid. The real fix is to let it warm up and when you shift, to hesitate for a split second and let everything sync up and your shifts will be ok. Atleast for a few minutes until things warm up.

NOW, if you are still having these issues all the time, then yes you have REAL issues. BUT for the last time, those are not the issues the OP brought up, I replied to and is covered in the TSB. Can you get that? Is that plain enough English for you?? Putting lighter weight trans fluid in this car will make your trans whine more and will decrease the life of the internals of your trans. This would be like removing the 5w-30 oil from the car and adding 0w-20. Sure it will circulate quicker and keep things quiet at cold start, but the viscosity is lower all around and will not keep your internals protected from the normal friction wear and tear that the heavier oil will. I know there are other trans issues out there, but this is not one of them. This is people that dont understand that you need to let the engine and trans warm up before you go whomping on them. Pull that stick back and put enough pressure on it to let it pop into the next gear. It will feel notchy, but should not grind. Now if you just yank it back into the next gear when its cold, it will grind everytime. All those other cars I had that had tremec transmissions in them did the same exact thing.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
the issue is with the clutch, get your facts straight..

you do some research, any tsb on the the tranny other than fluid?

if you are relying on facts and tsbs.

beers

lurking for knowledge 04rx8 track car, 12 GTI dsg daily driver

2015 eco boost with track pack = rx8 on track, but with power????????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page