Anyone receive a letter from Ford? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

Anyone receive a letter from Ford?

I received a letter from Ford sustainability, Enviroment and Saftey Engineering Vehicle Enviromental engineering from Allen Park test Labatory today.
It basically says Automotive testing and Development Services would like to perform an engineering evalution on my vehicale and that my vehicle would help with the evalution. It will collect data that will help enable ford enginneers to evaulate the performance of emissions diagnostic systems and they will pay me 50.00 for my time.

Has anyone heard of this? This is new to me but it seems legit with ford letter head.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011
Apprentice

I got the same letter, but I'm probably not going to respond. The letter doesn't specifically state what the test involves and I wouldn't want to deal with a bunch of follow up calls.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011
Apprentice

For $500 maybe...for $50 not a chance.

2011 Race Red GT- 401A - 3.73:1 gears-Steeda Cold Air-American Thunder Axel Backs- Bama tunes- 35% window tint-Hood spears-Roush white shifter ball.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I got one of those a while back, sent it in, and never heard back!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'll participate with my car if they ask and are still doing the same evaluations with the'12s.

I don't know exactly of course but imagine it would be little more than driving over to your dealer and getting plugged into the computer for a quick read. I'd not think it could be much or extensive with folks spread out all over. Besides it might be fun. I... or my car at least... would feel a little famous, LOL. Plus $50 would cover an oil change with a little left over for the next one.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Actually I got one of those from Mitsubishi just a couple of months before I traded my '06 Eclipse for my 2011 Mustang. Same thing, only that Mitsubishi offered $250.00 for the inconvenience and a rental car.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011
Apprentice

Looks like it's a Kalifornia only thing. Give a hoot don't pollute.

2003 Mach 1 Zinc Yellow 5-speed
2011 GT500 Convertible Sterling Gray, SVTPP, NAV
2011 GT/CS Performance White, Auto, Glass Roof, NAV
2012 Boss 302 Yellow Blaze
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

I received a call back today and they will be coming to look at my car wednesday on my lunch break. They said that they are collecting information on the emission readings, I did not have time to ask more questions but will let you all know wednesday. This should be interesting.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Since I'm not in Cali I prob won't be asked but if so I would participate for $50. That's dinner and some drinks with the wifey

-Steve
2011 GT Premium, Kona Blue, Security, Brembo, and 3.73s
Mods: Magnaflow Street Series Cat Back
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Never got one. But then I'm in back "woods" (yeah, right - dirt box is more like it) Arizona. Not likely to get anything related to emissions out here.
mhg
Apprentice

Dinner and drinks with the wife?
that wouldn't cover half when I take out my wife
for dinner and drinks
Mike

Black 2011
V6 auto
K&N panel filter
GT mufflers
SCT tuner
17"X8" Bullit wheels
245.45.17 tires
PONY Member

No I have not got a letter, yet. I would accept the $ only if a Ford engineer or technician actually drove my car and gave me all the details/data they gleaned from their efforts.

2011 5.0 Mustang Premium Convertible Sterling Grey, 6 spd Manual, Comfort package, Hood Scoop and rear Pedestal Spoiler, GT500 mufflers, GT500 mud flaps, mini antenna, red caliper covers, Boss shift ball and boot, LED trunk lights, Locking GAS Fuel Plug CAP. Ordered 3/30/2010, build date 5/3/2010. delivered 6/16/2010 car still running in perfect condition.
. :kooky:
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Probably just gonna hook up a gas analyzer to your tail pipe and do a quick check on your guys emissions. If so, I wouldn't worry about it; it wont hurt anything with your car at all. I shouldn't take long either.

2012 Ingot Silver Mustang - 3.7L V6, Performance Package (traded)
2012 HP White Mustang GT - 5.0L, Premium, 3.73 rear end
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

Yeah they said it would take 10 minutes. I am kinda curious to see what they do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page