Paint Bubbles on Right Door and below small window! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Paint Bubbles on Right Door and below small window!

So I hosed all the salt off my car today and was drying it and noticed all these spots. Dozens! The looked like water spots and followed a water streak type line down the door. (Like something ran down the door then beaded) So I was trying to get them off and they wouldn't budge.... So I looked close and there freakin bubbles.... Looks like when I go to the dealer tomorrow about hard shifting when cold I am going to tell them about this too. I rinsed my car with hot water but cant imagine it was hot enough to screw up the clear coat. UGH!! Ill get pics asap.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Looks like a paint run?

AFM Site Administrator
Member: Mustang Club of America #82740, White Mustang Registry #362, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs of Burlington

MOOG Certified Technician
For mods and sound clips, see profile and gallery.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011
PONY Member

My New England vehicles were all washed in sub freezing temperatures, frequently way below freezing, using hot water. I never had an issue, except for a skating rink in the driveway.

2011 GT Mustang - Performance White / Brick Red - Cashmere : 401A : Brembo : Electronics PKG : Spoiler Delete : 3.73:1 : Glass Roof : Comfort PKG : Security PKG : HID

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011
J Orbit

I had paint bubbles as well. Took about 4 days to fix a 1x1" spot.

Generally bubbles in the paint mean the surface was contaminated and something off gassed while the paint was drying. The metal wasn't sufficiently cleaned which should have been caught on the line. Just another fine example of the Quality Control at FMC.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

So I have a lot of bubbles... about a foot long line to be exact in two places... How long should this take to fix? I'm gonna want a rental lol!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011
PONY Member

Is this the first time washing the car? Is this a new issue or something you didn't notice before.

I would try a clay bar to see if that makes a difference.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011
J Orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings View Post
Is this the first time washing the car? Is this a new issue or something you didn't notice before.

I would try a clay bar to see if that makes a difference.
It won't. This is a common issue. I had it as well and it required refinishing the whole rear.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Sorry for wasting your guys time lol.. I feel dumb. They weren't bubbles. It was some sort of chemical that dried on there and it was a to get off. I used invisible glass which took it off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page