interesting article - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

interesting article

Hi my name is rod from newfoundland, Canada. This is my first post. Just had our 1st child and as a result I had to sell my 2004 Mazda miata, I bought it new in 2005. I enjoyed driving the car, it was a manual. I sold it as it was a 2 seater. It was a little small for me as i'm 6'1" 210lbs and under powered. Next year I plan to purchase a used 2011 mustang Gt possibly convertible, possibly automatic. Auto, because I hated all the shifts of the miata (6 speed) and my wife would like to drive it (no interest in learning a manual). So been doing alot reseach as i'm going to be buying used, and as such I found a article that many I feel would find interesting. Any tips or considerations anyone would like to offer when buying the 2011 gt. Here's the Article

Editorial: Do Not Buy A 2011 Mustang 5.0 | The Truth About Cars

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I read that article before, didn't make me change my mind on getting my 5.0 now.

You should be able to find some used 2011 Mustangs that will still be under warranty next year, I would buy it from a dealership, less risky...
Good luck on your future purchase and welcome to the Mustang family, it is a hell of a muscle car!!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Welcome aboard Rod.

I think you'll find the vast majority of the press on the 2011 Mustang falls somewhere between glowing and gushing including making Car and Driver's 10 Best List.

Finding a used GT auto might be difficult. I had such a whale of time trying to locate one new I finally gave up and ordered mine.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

if i gotta wait a little longer, the year after next, that'd be ok too. in the mean time i'll read all the posts i can, educating myself and saving for the big down payment.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaver View Post
if i gotta wait a little longer, the year after next, that'd be ok too. in the mean time i'll read all the posts i can, educating myself and saving for the big down payment.
A convert in Newfoundland sounds pretty hardcore! I like that

2011 GT Kona Blue - Saddle 400a, 6MT, 3.55, Electronic, Brembo, Glass Roof, HID, Security, Comfort, RearVC, GT500 Mufflers, Procal tuner, Vorshlag brake lines, Boss/CS Fascia, Brake cooling ducts
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaver View Post
Hi my name is rod from newfoundland, Canada. This is my first post. Just had our 1st child and as a result I had to sell my 2004 Mazda miata, I bought it new in 2005. I enjoyed driving the car, it was a manual. I sold it as it was a 2 seater. It was a little small for me as i'm 6'1" 210lbs and under powered. Next year I plan to purchase a used 2011 mustang Gt possibly convertible, possibly automatic. Auto, because I hated all the shifts of the miata (6 speed) and my wife would like to drive it (no interest in learning a manual). So been doing alot reseach as i'm going to be buying used, and as such I found a article that many I feel would find interesting. Any tips or considerations anyone would like to offer when buying the 2011 gt. Here's the Article

Editorial: Do Not Buy A 2011 Mustang 5.0 | The Truth About Cars
Life is too short. the 2011 5.0 is good enough upgrade from previous gen for me. By the time they add direct injection I will be long way down the supercharged upgrade road.

If you wait for the next upgrade, you will always be waiting.

I love every min of driving my 5.0. Not to the original poster, but to the author of that article..."Enjoy your wait buddy!"
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
Apprentice

The bump was a original design for the 5.0 with direct injection. Turns out that the gain in HP was not worth the extra cost so ford aborted it .

2011 V6 Mustang base auto, 3.31 gears, BAMA 92s tune, Drop in K&N
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
Rookie
S197 Member

DI

I have own and raced a Sky turbo DI and Mazda Speed 3 DI and have had problems with carbon build up. In some cases the motors have destroyed themselves. I ran computer base Water/Meth injection to help clean the carbon build up. The last time I was on the Speed3 board stock motors were as so going down and a total of 26 motors had failed. I jump on the 5.0 before it did have any chance of the addition of DI.

2011 5.0
Steeda Adj Panhard bar and brace
Steeda Billet LCA
Red Candy Metallic
GT Coupe Accessory Pkg
Shaker 1000
19'' Alum Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page