stock 5.0 exhaust and suspension, put on craiglist? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

stock 5.0 exhaust and suspension, put on craiglist?

Is there any market for the stock exhaust mufflers, springs and dampers for an '11 brembo gt that were taken off at around 3k?

It's in the way in the garage. Should I dump 'em or craiglist them? if craiglist? how much? 50 bucks?

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I don't think anyone is gonna buy a stock exhaust, people who change the exhaust go for an upgrade, not a stock.
Unless there is something wrong with theirs, but the Mustang is too new to have this kind of problems with the exhaust...
Maybe try a place that sell used parts, they might want to buy it of from you at a cheap price.

When I changed my axle backs for the GT500 one, I didn't even bother getting the stock ones back...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
PONY Member

I only have my stock ones if the dealer gives me BS about the warranty

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
PONY Member

They're basically worthless but Save em in case you ever need to bring the car back to stock to sell it.
Many prefer to buy an un-modded car and in fact will often bring just as much money as a modded car and widen your potential audience.. Dealers usually don't like modded cars on trade either. You re-sell the Mods and come out ahead in the end.

Steve
2011 GT in Performance white | 3.73's | FRPP "P" springs on D specs | Fays2 Watts Link | Brembo's | Steeda CAI/Tune | FRPP "X" into GT500 muffs | Sparco Milano seats
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordasn View Post
I only have my stock ones if the dealer gives me BS about the warranty
If you change your stock parts for others parts like I did with Ford Racing the warranty doesn't change since they're all Ford Parts.
My exhaust is the same as the GT500 so no warranty issues there, confirmed by my dealership.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
If you change your stock parts for others parts like I did with Ford Racing the warranty doesn't change since they're all Ford Parts.
My exhaust is the same as the GT500 so no warranty issues there, confirmed by my dealership.
My parts arn't Ford, but I guess if I had it in writing I wouldn't have a problem. However, my dealer hasn't even seen my parts, so I don't know what to expect.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I say get 'em out of your way. It's amazing what people will buy on Craig's list and unlike most feeBay transactions you can arrange a meeting so you don't have to mess around with packing the s--t up.

Start 'em up a little higher than you want and let people make offers. You never know. Heck, I almost threw away 4 tires that had absolutely ruined wide whitewalls (mid 50's wheels on an early 60s car looked stoopid and had to be replaced) and ended up getting $50 for 'em from a kid who wanted to do some kind of a wierd hot rod thing with his 1990 S-10. Something is better than nothing and your garage doesn't turn into a place so filled with stuff you can't do anything.

Just my two cents. Keep in mind I'm an anal-retentive Virgo though.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page