2011 Mustang V6 Having some odd computer issues, are they all related? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 Mustang V6 Having some odd computer issues, are they all related?

Hello folks,
I'm new to the forum and new to Mustangs. I just bought a "used" (only 3000kms) 2011 V6 and in the first 2 days I've seen some odd computer-ish type behaviors. I'm wondering if they could be related to one-another. I'm also curious if anyone has needed to have the computers re-programmed, or if there's been a recall around this stuff.

So here's the oddities I've seen:
1.) I plugged in a USB drive with MP3 files to use with SYNC. It gave me an error, I think it told me that the device could not be used for playing protected material. I reformatted the drive, put the MP3 files back, same thing again. Tried some other voice commands and eventually it worked.

2.) When I got in the car during the day, the gauges were white (instead of my selected blue color). I had the headlights set to auto, so I guess this makes sense. But when I set the lights to "on", the gauges didn't change (although I believe the actual headlights did change). I went into the menu to set the backlight and it told me to turn on the lights, which didn't do anything. So I drove home, it got darker and the backlight flicked to the expected blue color about half way home.

3.) I am now getting the TPMS fault message. I checked the pressure and they are all good. I do have winter rims on there, but I'm pretty sure they have sensors in them. They came with the car and the fault message didn't appear on the first day (nor in the test drive). Plus they're really nice rims/tires, I doubt the previous owner would spend this much on winter and not get the sensors.

So all of these things seem pretty minor, but if you put them together, is there a common problem here? Or maybe I'm just seeing 3 separate things. I'm going to go talk to the service department today, but I expect they'll be too busy to do anything.

thanks for reading my horribly long post.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
Beast3.7

For #1 that is a normal thing. Sync will scan your usb for any drm'd music and will not play it if it is, but simply overlook them and play the rest of your songs.

For#2 the dash colors are mainly for night time driving and the dash area becomes white during the day for visibility.

I do not have an answer for #3.

I think your car is okay though.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
PONY Member

If you were to cover the sensor on the middle of the dash next to the windshield then the mycolor will run in the day if your lights are turned on. I'm not sure if mycolor runs with autolights or not...

2011 GT C/S, MT82 Race red with all black interior
Conti Extreme Contact DWS's 245/45 ZR 19
GT500 axle-backs with resonator deletes, FRPP tune
BMR poly LCA's

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011
Apprentice

i don t think you have tpms sensors in it! if you have your oem sommer wheels sitting in the garage where the car is,the car will read them! but after you drive for couple minutes you get the tpms fault! check with your dealer iam pretty sure they did not install tpms sensor for the winter set!

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

I went to take it in this morning but the TPMS light didn't come on anymore. So I drove around for a half hour (I love driving this car) and it didn't come on again. So I guess I'll just keep an eye on this to see if it comes back.

thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page