2011 Saleen Grille Emblem? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2011 Saleen Grille Emblem?

I bought the Saleen grille and installed it last weekend. However, there is a small part in the grille in which there is a space for the Saleen emblem. Anyone have any ideas or know of any badges to put in there? I guess I could just dremmel it out, but I would like to put something in there, but don't know/can't find anything for that space... Any ideas?...

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Pony tri-bar or a 5.0 emblem that could be made to fit.

Do you have a pic of the grill installed?

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
Pony tri-bar or a 5.0 emblem that could be made to fit.

Do you have a pic of the grill installed?

My pics don't really show it too well:

But here you can see where the Saleen emblem is... there is just a piece of black plastic on my grille:

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
PONY Member

Neal didn't you get that email I sent you with the link to the place that makes the badges we talked about? If not here is the link bro. the 7" long 1/2" thick would work perfect for that space
High Performance Emblems

2013 mt82 3.7-spl del/sgm/charcoal/tech pack/recaro
Mods, 3.5"ant/dynomax mid exh/bronze tsws 245/50/18 kumho/sportline-pro kit&gt500 mounts/J&M phb/eibach lcas/redline/roush/sk&pedals/gt-wfg/cf blkout/license insert&upper grille, mustang sills, jlt/3.73s/steeda 93perf&sctx3, am mirrors&tlc/roof wing/open lower/stillen lip/steeda sts&bush/rtr'd rear
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
Rookie

I cut mine out with a sharp razor knife. The grill is almost like rubber and it's pretty easy to do. Do it from the backside and take your time.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.73-11 View Post
Neal didn't you get that email I sent you with the link to the place that makes the badges we talked about? If not here is the link bro. the 7" long 1/2" thick would work perfect for that space
High Performance Emblems
I saw the site, but didn't see the emblems the first time around on the ipad. Those are awesome man!! Now to get red or black is the question...
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011
PONY Member

Me I would do red so it stands out but if you want subtle black background is the way to go. Either way the 7"1/2' is perfect for that space. Now what about those headlight splitters?

Mods, 3.5"ant/dynomax mid exh/bronze tsws 245/50/18 kumho/sportline-pro kit&gt500 mounts/J&M phb/eibach lcas/redline/roush/sk&pedals/gt-wfg/cf blkout/license insert&upper grille, mustang sills, jlt/3.73s/steeda 93perf&sctx3, am mirrors&tlc/roof wing/open lower/stillen lip/steeda sts&bush/rtr'd rear
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

I thought these '5.0 Coyote' emblems would look good on the Saleen grille if they will fit.

2011 FORD MUSTANG GT 5.0 COYOTE V8 ENGINE EMBLEMS BADGE - eBay (item 260651906138 end time Apr-13-11 19:37:45 PDT)
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Found some!! they look awesome!!!

They are straight, the sun was playing tricks with the angle...
Apprentice

Where did you purchase the grille from? I love the way it looks and appears that it allows much more air in compared to the stock unit that blocks that area off.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by d98gt View Post
Where did you purchase the grille from? I love the way it looks and appears that it allows much more air in compared to the stock unit that blocks that area off.
Yeah the grille allows a lot more air to get into the induction tube that flows into the intake.

I got the grille from Blow By Racing. It's the Saleen grille... I love it!
PONY Member

Looks great Neal love it those shots up close
Now headlights splitters y/n? Rear emblem mod, some wheel spacers lowering springs.

Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Where did you get the emblem?? I have the saleen grill now and ran into the same issue.

Also I went with the smoked projectors from american muscle and think they turned out pretty good. Just giving you another option

2010 GT, Ford racing hot rod cams, 1.5" drop springs, msd ignition coils, roush cold air, bama tuning, American Racing long tube headers, 3" catted x-pipe, 3" piping back to the borla stinger axlebacks, gt4 18x9's in the front, 18x10's in the back. Not sure on power yet. Last dyno before the header/xpipe I was at 301/314
Apprentice

I just finished the install of the Saleen grille on my 2012 GT and installed the 5.0L Coyote V8 emblem which is red and black. Whatever emblem you choose, you gotta have some red in it to make it stand out. Here's a before and after pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Mustang GT 004.JPG
Views:	12018
Size:	527.8 KB
ID:	146868   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.JPG
Views:	17442
Size:	880.5 KB
ID:	146869  

LAFAYETTE, LA
2012 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM A/T, BLACK W/ SADDLEBROWN INTERIOR, HID LAMPS, SALEEN GRILLE, 19" PREMIUM WHEELS, QUARTER WINDOW LOUVERS, GT 500 AXELBACK MUFFLERS, K & N FILTER.
PONY Member

Question Another Saleen grill

Our Saleen grills let way more air in... MAYBE this is why I had hood flutter at 150 ?? And I think the straight lines of the radiators clash with the curves of the Saleen grill. I'll try blacking out the radiators/silver behind bumper . ...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page