Shelby to unveil 800 horsepower 2012 GT500 Super Snake at NY Auto Show - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Shelby to unveil 800 horsepower 2012 GT500 Super Snake at NY Auto Show

Shelby will unveil the 2012 GT500 Super Snake with 800 horsepower at the New York Auto Show in a few weeks:

Shelby to unveil 800 horsepower 2012 GT500 Super Snake at New York Auto Show | Mustangs Daily

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to aiminglow
I'm happy and scared at the same time. Another toy to be bought by someone with more money than brains, would hate to see one of those wrecked...

2006 Mustang GT: 5-speed (was auto)
Show: Hood scoop // Side Scoops // Louvers // GT500 Spoiler // Rear diffuser insert // Stripes // Mustang trunk letters // Interior goodies.
Go: JLT intake // J&M LCA's // J&M UCA // Strut tower brace // FRPP Front Lower Control Arm Brace // Pro 5.0 Shifter with MGW blue striped shift ball.
Flow: Flowmaster American Thunders.
Stereo: Pioneer DEH 2200ub.
Oh and of course, the lead foot mod
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Nice, but I'm less interested in the HP and more interested in its streetability and fuel economy. WHAT????? You might say. FUEL ECONOMY??? WHO CARES? Well, the way I see it, sink enough money into a V8 and the sky's the limit in terms of power. Yes, there are people who will pay $103,000 for an 800 HP something or other that can't pass a gas station. Most of those guys live in California. There's a gas station and liquor store on every corner, it seems. I'm more interested in ADVANCING technology, not status quo. Show me an 800 HP car that get 20+ MPG and is 100% streetable, and I'll be impressed. Otherwise it's just another overpowered dragster.

Correction...overpowered street dragster. :-p Kind of underpowered for a true dragster.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
J Orbit

I'd like to see what it can do with better tires and traction.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
PONY Member

I don't care it still makes me drool!!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
GT Member
S197 Member

I'll take 2. :kooky:

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
PONY Member

Instead of adding more hp every time, shelby needs to upgrade its suspension drastically. Adding an enormous amount of power to a car with the suspension of a GT is just stupid. I love the idea of the super snake but a GTR can beat it what the hell is up with that?!?!

1997 SVT Cobra. Mangaflow Off Road X, mils, Ford B Springs, Steeda Tri-ax

1997 GT Rio Red: PI intake, bbk cai, SCT tuner (Brenspeed tune), bbk catted x pipe, flowmaster super 44's, MSD coils, H&R lowering springs, M&M CC plates, tokiko shocks and struts. Sold.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

^^^ Well stated.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
Apprentice

I hope the people buying these things are living in warm wearther climates. Or atleast have another car to in the winter. I mean a base GT with 412 hp. Would be hard to hook up on ice.

Mustangs Get The Girls
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
it does come with a nice suspension and brake setup, numerous people have stated how much nimbler the GT500 SS is then the GT500, its still heavy as heck though

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ChaosFury
If it can do 0-60 faster than the ZR1 or close to it, then I'll be impressed. Other than that it's just another 800 hp muscle car with horrible acceleration numbers.

Elenora. Watch out, she may kick.

2012 GT Premium: Race red - automatic - 3:31 gears - HID headlights - all weather 19" Pirelli tires - Roush axle-back exhaust, GT/CS Spoiler. Coming soon: quarter panel & rear window louvers
PONY Member

I thought they dropped Sterling Gray for 2012. What up wit dat?
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If you read it you will see there is also available suspension upgrades ON TOP of the suspension upgrades it has standard.

Plus..its just a supercharged shelby. I wouldnt be suprised if it STILL managed to get over 20mpg. RX8s are still being sold that only get 22mpg and get what? 232hp?

Nuff said.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page