Turtle wax ice - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by konabluev6 View Post
Itīs easy to apply and it actually makes the black plastic trim shinny. But itīs not real wax, its like putting baby oil into your car... of course it will look shinny and ... oily not waxed.

My brother gave me a bottle, he liked it for a fast, make it look shinny look, but Iīd rather give my car a real wax even if itīs harder.

I like Meguiars products, they are all good. Meguiars gold is good, but the one I use the most is the NXT generation syntethic wax because itīs very easy to rub on and off the car.
Meguires Ultimate Spray Car Wax is the same synthetic polish chemical used in NXT 2.0 wax and you can apply it in about 1/8th the time as the rub on stuff.

2011 Premium GT/Sterling Gray/M6/Brembos/Tech/ HIDs/Comfort/Security/Back up camera
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbreeze View Post
You should try Zaino. Easier to apply and lasts longer.
I have, Spent ~$100 on a zaino "kit", and was not as impressed as I am with the colinite.

2016 GT Premium black out 6 speed.
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by konabluev6 View Post
Itīs easy to apply and it actually makes the black plastic trim shinny. But itīs not real wax, its like putting baby oil into your car... of course it will look shinny and ... oily not waxed.

My brother gave me a bottle, he liked it for a fast, make it look shinny look, but Iīd rather give my car a real wax even if itīs harder.

I like Meguiars products, they are all good. Meguiars gold is good, but the one I use the most is the NXT generation syntethic wax because itīs very easy to rub on and off the car.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking about this liquid wax stuff. Again, I have never waxed a car before but I can't wrap my head around the idea that liquid, oily product would last just as long as a thicker paste product.

2011 V6 Mustang
6 Speed Manual - 3.31 Gears
Kona Blue, Pony Package

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick View Post
I have, Spent ~$100 on a zaino "kit", and was not as impressed as I am with the colinite.
In what area? When the car is properly prepped and the application is done properly in the correct steps with multiple layers, the shine is as good as any. But where it really stands out is the protection and the longevity of the protection. Isn't colinite actual carnauba wax? No way a real wax is going to last as long as a synthetic sealant.

2012 GT Premium Black/Saddle, Auto, HID's/security. 19x9.5 RTR w/285/40 & 255/40 MPSS | Koni STR.T's and Eibach Prokit | Bama tune & Airaid CAI | GT500 AB | GT500 rear spoiler, Roush side splitters, Boss Front fascia & splitter | Billet interior bits| JL Audio 570's & dynamat
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbreeze View Post
In what area? When the car is properly prepped and the application is done properly in the correct steps with multiple layers, the shine is as good as any. But where it really stands out is the protection and the longevity of the protection.
+1

As you say, Zaino is really nothing special looks wise but it is very long lasting.

I don't use it any more because I like to "wax" more often (its a bonding thing, ) but the Zaino was very good for holding up in the Arizona sun.

2016 Oxford White GT Premium, Performance Package w/silver wheels, 401A, Premier Redline trim, Adaptive Cruise, NAV, Reverse sensing
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adblink View Post
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking about this liquid wax stuff. Again, I have never waxed a car before but I can't wrap my head around the idea that liquid, oily product would last just as long as a thicker paste product.
As long as you keep it applied it protects.

Plus..it wont mess with the stripes..especially the black matt ones like i have.

Carnuba wax can ruin stripes and even the paint itself if not fully removed and allowed to bond. No thanks!

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
As long as you keep it applied it protects.

Plus..it wont mess with the stripes..especially the black matt ones like i have.

Carnuba wax can ruin stripes and even the paint itself if not fully removed and allowed to bond. No thanks!
ya I mean that makes sense about the stripes, I have them as well.

What do you mean keep it applied? How often do you have to apply this stuff??

2011 V6 Mustang
6 Speed Manual - 3.31 Gears
Kona Blue, Pony Package
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The ice also comes in a paste, and leaves no white mess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page