Dr. Colorchip works fantastic!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Dr. Colorchip works fantastic!!

I recently applied Dr. Colorchip on a chip on my hood. It works great, and if you apply multiple layers you can actually fill in the chip. The paint match is spot on, and is easy to apply. I put on thicker layers in order to build up the paint, and let dry for an hour or so in the heat and then used the blending solution.

Here is a before and after photo:

2011 Mustang GT

Sold: 2009 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011
MACH I Member

I recently bought Dr. Colorchip to use on my black mustang, and I have found that the chips are still visible. The paint is black, but its not glossy like the rest of the car and so you can still see the chips from certain angles. Do you find that yours is the same way?

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I would apply a few more layers to make sure the chip is level with the surrounding area. I can see my chip more when it is cloudy, when it is bright and sunny the metallic flakes blend in perfect.

Also, the paint from Dr.Colorchip has a clear coat solution blended into the paint. More so than what factory touch paint has. I would polish and wax the area.

2011 Mustang GT

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011
PONY Member

I love Dr. Colorchip on my black stang. I'd go nuts without it.

2011 Black Mustang GT 5.0 Brick-Red
6SP Manual | 3.73 Gears | HIDs | Sec & Anti-Theft Pkg | Brembo GT Brake Pkg | Comfort Package | Shaker 1000 |
Mods:

2011 CS/GT Front Valance, 2011 GT500 Rear Diffuser, 2011 SVT GT500 Mufflers, 2011 Roush Side Skirts, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, Boss 302 Front Splitter, Speed Dawg custom shift-knob, Black Pony Emblem, 50% fog-light tint, Blacked Out Side Marks Front and Rear, 35% All-around Tint & Heon H10 fog-light bulbs
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Where do you get it?

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

One question..i had already resigned myself to having a body shop do my front bumper and hood every 30 months or so.

Will having this stuff stuck in the chips actually CAUSE problems with having a body shop patch/paint/clear coat over again?

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I wouldn't think so, it is just auto paint mixed with a clear coat solution. Then you go over it with a blending solution.

2011 Mustang GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page