I'd really appreciate some info on Lemans Stripes - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GTBLK View Post
I ordered a black GT with the glass roof. I was thinking of doing matte blk stripes over the hood scoop and rear only,,not sure how that would look?

In December I brought my car to the dealership for its fall/winter oil change and tire rotation and they had a used 2009 Cobra in the showroom that was black with either a flat black or a really dark grey striping that looked really cool. For $43,000 (canadian) I was really tempted to trade my 2001 for it but I had never driven a manual transmission before. That paint and stripe combo did give it that mean/ powerful look though.

Shawn

2012 Black GT Premium Coupe, Equipment Group 401A (Brick Red Leather with Cashmere Race Stripe), HID & Security Package, GT Coupe Accessory Package 5, Tinted Side & Rear Windows & Light Tint of Windshield, 19" Black with Machined Face BOSS 302S Wheels, ROUSH Phase 3 625 HP Calibrated Supercharger, ROUSH Axle-Back Exhaust, ROUSH 4 Piston Breaks, ROUSH Track Suspension, Red Watson Racing Roll Bar/ Rear Seat Delete Kit, GT Dark Stainless Billet-Style Grille, Front Lower GT Fascia, Red BOSS C-Style Striping, Red Lemans Striping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

From what I've read the stripes on the (non-SVTPP) GT500 are 10" on the hood and 11" on the roof/rear and a 1.5" gap between them. Thinking about getting Kona Blue ones for the white stripe delete I'm picking up shortly.

Rookie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by knk11stang View Post
Ok was nice here today so took her for a ride!

Measured the stripes & they are 10 inches wide & the pinstripes are 1/2".Hope this helps!

what is the center gap?

Apprentice
S197 Member

I installed mine last year. They are 3-M in Matte black. 10" wide each side with a 2" gap in the middle.

2012/5.0 Candy Red Tint,Premium Convertible , Auto,Rapid Spec 401A,Electronics package,RR sensing,HID,Accessory package 6,Active Anti-Theft,Power code Remote,19" wheels,Cloth top, GT 500 axel backs,RTR rear difusser,Roush lower rocker panel splitters,RTR lower chin spoiler, stripe kit, real burl wood inlays,rear tail light frames,chrome billet stuff in the cab,3dcarbon "E" grill and electronic curb alert.

Check out our web page @ specialtyrepairs.ca
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

^ That looks sweet with the hood spears.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAKATed10 View Post
^ That looks sweet with the hood spears.
Thanks

2012/5.0 Candy Red Tint,Premium Convertible , Auto,Rapid Spec 401A,Electronics package,RR sensing,HID,Accessory package 6,Active Anti-Theft,Power code Remote,19" wheels,Cloth top, GT 500 axel backs,RTR rear difusser,Roush lower rocker panel splitters,RTR lower chin spoiler, stripe kit, real burl wood inlays,rear tail light frames,chrome billet stuff in the cab,3dcarbon "E" grill and electronic curb alert.

Check out our web page @ specialtyrepairs.ca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2012 gt , body , lemans stripes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page