Anybody actually second guessing their 2012 orders now? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Anybody actually second guessing their 2012 orders now?

With all of the MT-82 problems being reported, just wondering if anyone who has ordered a 2012 Mustang with a manual transmission is second guessing it, or has actually canceled their order?

To me, there is no other car that fits who I am besides a Mustang. And I know that negative experiences make much more of an impact over positive experiences, however, I am still a bit worried.

It seems like it's a bit too early to say this problem will be as prominent in the 2012's as it is in the 2011's...but to my understanding, they're using the same exact transmission. I would hope that Ford has started doing something with the models that are being built in the coming weeks to solve the issues.

I'm really getting the impression that things are very "doom and gloom" right now with reoccurring issues, but I hope they are not as bad as they seem. Chances are I won't have any issues at all with my 2012, but the thought of dreadfully having to cancel my order is starting to get to me...

Also, this isn't intended to create another thread on the actual problems happening...just wondering if anyone is taking this issue seriously enough to reconsider getting the car.

Last edited by Xacc; 04-17-2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: specifying topic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011
GT Member

My MT82 shifts perfect.

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011
PONY Member

Nope.

Pff, 15 character limit? Lame.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
My MT82 shifts perfect.
Same here !!! I think if u are worried about it, you will probably find a problem or worry about how you shift and screw up. I know some have a problem and some have not, but you will always hear more about the ones that have problems and less about the ones that don't. Just drive it and enjoy !!!!!
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Hell, no. Can't wait for it to get here. :kooky:

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacc View Post
With all of the MT-82 problems being reported....
I've not heard that much about "all the MT-82 problems", I've read about a very small percentage of folks who bought Mustangs with the manual transmission having problems and a couple of drama queens spamming the same post over several Mustang sites.

There's one guy who won't even let Ford continue working on fixing his, or even enact the lemon law to replace his car, he just wants the attention he's getting.

Says he's doing it for the community. I see it different.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011
Rookie

I'm pretty sure they fixed the problem back in February or March and since then cars have been getting built with the solution applied. It's also available under warranty to anyone exhibiting the symptoms. I believe it's all detailed in the massive sticky post somewhere.

2012 Mustang GT | Grabber Blue | Manual Trans | Prem Charcoal Trim | Comfort Pkg | 18" Polished Al Wheels | Pedestal Spoiler | Born: 04/15/2011

Mod List: Visor Warning Label Delete | LED Map/Trunk/Plate/Reverse/Marker Lights | Sylvania SilverStar Head/Foglights | 3M Clearbra Kit | Clear Front Marker Lenses | 401A Aluminum Shifter | Ghost Armor Radio Display Protection | GT500 Axel-back Exhaust | 4x Pioneer TS-D6802R Speakers | Dynamat! | Lloyd Ultimat Floormats (Ebony) | 50% Window Tint
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011
GT Member

At times I think about it but not enough to damper my excitement. I can live with getting a notchy transmission but not grinding or being locked out of gears. I'm holding hope that 2012's won't have the sheer number of problem transmissions that the 2011's have. Just have to cross my fingers that I get a good one.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
At times I think about it but not enough to damper my excitement. I can live with getting a notchy transmission but not grinding or being locked out of gears. I'm holding hope that 2012's won't have the sheer number of problem transmissions that the 2011's have. Just have to cross my fingers that I get a good one.

Yeah, I feel pretty similar. I think it's too easy to read the sticky thread and see all of the negative posts, and just get that bad feeling in one's gut. I've wanted the perfect Mustang for too long. We can only hope they've done something behind the scenes to alleviate the issue with the most recent builds.
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I only have one worry. The Race red pony package car I ordered will be a daily driver in good weather. It will stick out like a sore thumb compared to the Fusion I was going to buy. I really worry about getting it dinged up in parking lots etc. I will be as carefull as possible but I worry. Have to enjoy your life though. When you like cars as much as we do ,guess you have to take your chances if you want to drive a Mustang. I'm sure not going to start worrying about mechanical problems though. I have faith in the cars. Every new car made has problems , lemons etc etc.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Grimace427

For the 2011 model year there were 68,650 mustangs sold.

31.71% had MT-82 transmissions.

21,782 cars total, how many people on this forum reported problems?

BTW, mine has done a 12 second 1/4 mile and gets me to work everyday without a single problem.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011-Mustang-Production.pdf (43.7 KB, 114 views)
Apprentice

Economy transportation

No. And I'm glad these aren't among my other choices:kooky::
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SMART_car.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	127760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smorvette.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	127761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smaudi_AWD_A3.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	127762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smamborghini.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	127763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smorsche.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	127764  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Smerrari.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	127765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smustang.gif
Views:	88
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	127766  

Some regard private enterprise as if it were a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look upon it as a cow that they can milk. Only a handful see it for what it really is - the strong horse that pulls the whole cart. - Winston Churchill

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium/Stone Int/Brembos/3.55/HID+Security/Comfort
Delivered 8-9-11. Complete 8-month order history in my profile!
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfinder View Post
No. And I'm glad these aren't among my other choices:kooky::
Ahhhhhhh, I see you too appreciate the spy video of the ultra-compact 2014 Mustang that's been circulating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
I only have one worry. The Race red pony package car I ordered will be a daily driver in good weather. It will stick out like a sore thumb compared to the Fusion I was going to buy. I really worry about getting it dinged up in parking lots etc. I will be as carefull as possible but I worry. Have to enjoy your life though. When you like cars as much as we do ,guess you have to take your chances if you want to drive a Mustang. I'm sure not going to start worrying about mechanical problems though. I have faith in the cars. Every new car made has problems , lemons etc etc.
Unless I successfully do some radical garage rearrangement, my car will be a driver too, and all year long, so I know what you mean. But isn't it more fun to have a car you like enough to worry about?

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
Apprentice

Nope. Can't wait for mine to get here. May 4th it will be!!

2012 GT Premium || Performance White w/ Black over the top stripes || Ebony Interior || 6 speed || Brembos || 3.73 || HID || Comfort Package || Electronic Package || Security Package || Hood Scoop || Pedestal Spoiler
Rookie

I almost bought a 2011 three weeks ago, read the forums, thought about pulling out of the deal completely, then remember how much I loved driving the car, and told the dealer I'd only buy it if he could get me the 2012 at the same price, which he did.

3 weeks, 600 mile later and no problems...except I'm always smiling and DESTROYING my rear tires. BTW, these gt's get f'n horrible gas mileage while destroying tires. :kooky:

I also posted a question asking who had a mt and didn't have problems - got lots of responses that made me feel that while this is an issue, it's not 100% you're going to get it, and I also felt ford would surely have had to fix it on the 2012s...we'll see.

If it goes wrong, well, that's what warranty's and lemon laws are for.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page