Anyone else getting bad news? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericcd View Post
Well...I got fed up and cancelled my order today. I went in to ask if they would honor my certificates and rebates even if the car actually showed up in July...

RESPONSE: "We're 70% sure we will honor the rebates."

I went to the next dealer in line and ordered the same car. I was told they have allocation, and I was told all rebates and certificates would be honored 100%, or the price of the car would be altered to match my original deal. The deal I got was almost $40 less per month than I was given at the other dealership...

Best decision I've made yet...cut 'em loose if it doesn't feel right...

PS - Switched the Shaker 1000 to the HID/Security after reading reviews in this forum...
Good call... a better dealer can make the difference!

2012 Mustang GT/CS 402a / Yellow Blaze / 3.55 / MT82 - Hushpower Axlebacks - Bama 93 Race
MCA 79999
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

for anyone ordering a car......

i'd seriously go to at least two different dealers and order the same car. i did this back in 05 when they where hard to get. one dealer did not want a deposit and one got $100. if i where to do it again i'd seirously go to three dealers and order the same car. even if it comes in you are NOT required to take delivery. 99.99% will give you the deposit back since they can easily sell it. one of the dealers i order it from went chapther 11 so i was glad i ordered two.

post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisOfPa View Post
Did you get the deposit back?
Yes...I was not given a chance to test drive the Mustang, so they agreed to a refundable deposit. The dealership told me that even though I cancelled my order, they were going to take delivery of the car anyway, because they like the package I put on it.

Fine with me...

By the way...I signed my paperwork this morning at the new dealership. They gave me a good trade in deal on my wife's 2005 Ford Focus. When I got home, the car was smashed! My neighbor's wife backed into it with her SUV.

I had to notify the dealership right away. The repair cost probably outweighs the trade-in value!

Too much...:hihi:

2012 Mustang GT/CS (Black on Black / 3.55 / MT / HID Security / Comfort / Shaker 1000)

PONY Member

Quote:
Yes...I was not given a chance to test drive the Mustang, so they agreed to a refundable deposit. The dealership told me that even though I cancelled my order, they were going to take delivery of the car anyway, because they like the package I put on it.

Fine with me...

By the way...I signed my paperwork this morning at the new dealership. They gave me a good trade in deal on my wife's 2005 Ford Focus. When I got home, the car was smashed! My neighbor's wife backed into it with her SUV.

I had to notify the dealership right away. The repair cost probably outweighs the trade-in value!

Too much...:hihi:
That's good, best of luck getting your Mustang buddy. Just wow on the Focus dude.

Ordered as of April 22nd, 2011: 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium in Grabber Blue/Charcoal Leather. Pony Package, Auto Tranny, 3.31 Gears, Electronics Package, Comfort Package, Back Up Camera, White Tape Stripe, Lip Spoiler and V6 Decklid Panel. :yelpleased:
June 23, 2011: VIN and Build Week received, Build Week July 25th, 2011.
July 21, 2011: Car Built, awaiting shipping. :laughlitt
August 2, 2011: Car Arrived. :smoke:
August 17, 2011: Driving it, finally.
Apprentice

Good luck with your new order. It seem like the ordering the 2012 models are having some of the issues as the 2011 build. I ordered my 2011 GT on Feb 15, 2010 and picked it up on July 2, 2010. There were supply issues at that time which created delays. The wait sucked but was worth it in the long run. Just start planning on spending some more money once you get it. Car cover, axel back exhaust, etc.............

Jim

2011 GT Premium, Black with Saddle, Brembo, 6 Speed MT, 3.73, HID, Security Package, Electronics Package, Rear Camera, Comfort Package.

Mods. K & N Filter, Roush axel back exhaust, GT 500 Rear wheel mud Flaps, CS Front Valance w/o fogs, Barton shifter, knob and bracket.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
If the Mustang isn't affected its because it doesn't use any paints that were hit by the disasters in Japan, not because 2012s are immune.
This is totally correct. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding to my post.

Deysha
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Well...I got fed up and cancelled my order today. I went in to ask if they would honor my certificates and rebates even if the car actually showed up in July...

RESPONSE: "We're 70% sure we will honor the rebates."

I went to the next dealer in line and ordered the same car. I was told they have allocation, and I was told all rebates and certificates would be honored 100%, or the price of the car would be altered to match my original deal. The deal I got was almost $40 less per month than I was given at the other dealership...

Best decision I've made yet...cut 'em loose if it doesn't feel right...

PS - Switched the Shaker 1000 to the HID/Security after reading reviews in this forum...
Wow, how did I miss this? I think you made the right decision. I waited 3 months on nothing with the first dealer and you see how fast my current order is tracking with the new dealer in my signature line.

Congrats!

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page