What tuner should we get for our 5.0s? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
What tuner should we get for our 5.0s?

Ok guys wanting to know what tuner we should get for our 5.0s... We've got both the auto and the manual. We'll want to share it between the two cars. Now I've had the SCT tuner that comes with three custom tunes. But what else do y'all recommend?

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

I don't think you can share a tuner? Might want to ask a tuner rep about that.

-God bless the people who run to danger, first responders and our Military-
2011 GB 5.0 GT-A w/ Geezer Pkg, 3D Carbon body kit, 08 GT500 18" nto's, MRT rear louvers, SS Eleanor grille, Roush rear spoiler, SHR gas door and qtr window louvers. Pypes Super System, SLP rear decklid.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_granit View Post
Ok guys wanting to know what tuner we should get for our 5.0s... We've got both the auto and the manual. We'll want to share it between the two cars. Now I've had the SCT tuner that comes with three custom tunes. But what else do y'all recommend?
Hmmm, sharing between vehicles, even if they both are yours, will probably be an issue. I thought I read where they are locked to an individual car. Plus, how would you be able to load two different tunes to the right car?

I would get ahold of Chris Rose at American Muscle - he will provide all the info you need - they may have a deal for this type of scenario...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

You can't use a tuner for more than one car at a time, it locks when its used to do a tune installation and unlocks when its done (and the SCT tuners have a lifetime limit of 5 locks/unlocks before perma locking onto the last car used...that can be reset by sending the unit back to SCT for a nice fee that they charge - tuners can't reset it because SCT won't give up that income stream) Besides that, you'd have to have the same PCM module series installed on both cars which isn't likely unless they were made in the same batch.

2011 Kona Blue GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page