Anyone add the factory hood scoop to their 2011 Mustang? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Yeah, it's not that I am against the "stick" on cosmetic upgrades as I have had them on many cars but this hoodscoop looks bad to me. We need more choices???

Drive it like you stole it!

2012 GT500 Convertible Grabber Blue with White Stripes - Steeda Pulley and Borla ATAK axle backs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I love my scoop. I got it at the dealer invoice price which included painting and installation by my dealer. It was part of the package price, just like it came from the factory. Had the side louvers installed by the dealer too.

Everything on this car came at dealer invoice. I love Fleet Managers.

2011 Mustang V6 Black & Dark Charcoal Leather: Mustang Club of America package, automatic, electronics pkg, dual zone a/c, security pkg, HID headlights, comfort pkg, 3.31 limited slip, remote starter, rear camera, side scoops, hood scoop, 1/4 window louvers, & locking fuel plug.
ALL AT INVOICE... Order Date:08/07/09 Build Start: 09/08/10 Shipped:10/06/10 Delivered:10/14/10 MINE:10/22/10
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
I'd rather change the hood for the Saleen one and have a real hood scoop, instead of that fake taped on useless one...
no doubt, especially if its going to cost me a grand just for the scoop...

Currently in the market...

SOLD - 2011 Mustang 3.7L V6, Kona Blue, 6spd MT82 (QDC Fluid), Appearance Package, MCA Grille, GrabberPony Kona Shift Knob, K&N Drop-In Air Filter, Performance Package Engine Cover, 01/11 Build

PONY Member

Fake scoop is like fake boobs. Not my cup of tea, but some people love it.

My Junk POS MT82 and tens of thousand POS mt82 survived TWO winters. How can it be? It's suppose to whine and grind all winter!!!! I love troll myth
2012 GT Premium, Glass Roof, 3.73, MT82, HID+SEC, 401A, MGW shifter, Gt500 muffler, Clear bra, 3M tint
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calchan View Post
Fake scoop is like fake boobs. Not my cup of tea, but some people love it.
Sure, real is better. But if the choice is fake or none at all, I'll take the fake.

So I have the fake scoop . . . cheap.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsamuth View Post
Sure, real is better. But if the choice is fake or none at all, I'll take the fake.

It's all about the profile

2011 Mustang V6 Black & Dark Charcoal Leather: Mustang Club of America package, automatic, electronics pkg, dual zone a/c, security pkg, HID headlights, comfort pkg, 3.31 limited slip, remote starter, rear camera, side scoops, hood scoop, 1/4 window louvers, & locking fuel plug.
ALL AT INVOICE... Order Date:08/07/09 Build Start: 09/08/10 Shipped:10/06/10 Delivered:10/14/10 MINE:10/22/10
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsamuth View Post

haha, nice analogy. I wish it were cheaper...cause then Id do it

Currently in the market...

SOLD - 2011 Mustang 3.7L V6, Kona Blue, 6spd MT82 (QDC Fluid), Appearance Package, MCA Grille, GrabberPony Kona Shift Knob, K&N Drop-In Air Filter, Performance Package Engine Cover, 01/11 Build
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Dealership quoted me $150 to install, $500 for the part and $100 for paint. $750 + tax total. Looks like you can buy it from American Muscle for $350 with the Allfordmustang discount, already painted and pay the $150 for the install for a total of $500 + tax.

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page