2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Update First 1k miles - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Update First 1k miles

I purchased a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 prem 3 months ago. This mustang is not my daily driver, mostly weekends or on a nice week day. This is the first mustang I have ever owned and must say so far I am very impressed.

I have the upgraded 3.55 rear and the acceleration in the car is incredible! I dont have any transmission issues, but I am going to get the trans oil change that was called out in a previous thread.

The only issue I had was the hood scoop was pulling away from the hood, but I purchased the car with this issue and the dealer replaced the scoop and did an excellent job!

I love the old school muscle car dash/interior and sounds of 412 HP under the hood!

I test drove several sports cars and determined that you just cant beat this car for the money. I would challenge anyone that can show me another car with more bang for the buck!!!

The site has been extremely helpful, and I have learned so much about future mods.. Thanks to the creators.....

One Happy Ford Mustang Owner!

2011 Mustang GT Black 6m, Premium, 3:55 Rear, GT 500 Axle-Backs, Grabber Pony White Shift Ball, FRPP Strut Tower
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011
Apprentice

Cool, enjoy and thanks for the feedback.

2012 GT - 6 SPD -Silver - Saddle - Brembo - 3.73 - HID - SP -
Ordered - 03/14/11
Delivered - 05/25/11
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011
PONY Member

welcome aboard, now time to start modding!

2011 Mustang GT premium, Black on Black, 6 speed manual,Brembo pckg,HID's,3.73's, appearance package, Security,Comfort,Roush Axelback, Q Ball shifer, Bama Race Tuned, UMI Brackets and LCA's, K&N drop in filter and more to come...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmustang5.0 View Post
I purchased a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 prem 3 months ago. This mustang is not my daily driver, mostly weekends or on a nice week day. This is the first mustang I have ever owned and must say so far I am very impressed.

I have the upgraded 3.55 rear and the acceleration in the car is incredible! I dont have any transmission issues, but I am going to get the trans oil change that was called out in a previous thread.

The only issue I had was the hood scoop was pulling away from the hood, but I purchased the car with this issue and the dealer replaced the scoop and did an excellent job!

I love the old school muscle car dash/interior and sounds of 412 HP under the hood!

I test drove several sports cars and determined that you just cant beat this car for the money. I would challenge anyone that can show me another car with more bang for the buck!!!

The site has been extremely helpful, and I have learned so much about future mods.. Thanks to the creators.....

Hey Brad, be careful with that thing in all this traffic around here! (i work down town at EUHM and commute to a hotel in the Cumberland mall/Smyrna area). Its almost "over powered" for all the slow ass atlanta traffic flow..

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
Hey Brad, be careful with that thing in all this traffic around here! (i work down town at EUHM and commute to a hotel in the Cumberland mall/Smyrna area). Its almost "over powered" for all the slow ass atlanta traffic flow..
Without a doubt! Traffic down here is terrible! Thankfully the weekends arent to bad....

2011 Mustang GT Black 6m, Premium, 3:55 Rear, GT 500 Axle-Backs, Grabber Pony White Shift Ball, FRPP Strut Tower
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011
PONY Member

Quote:

Great writeup and thanks for the update. I am enjoying beating the snot out of the car on a daily basis now approaching 7K miles, with nothing but smooth shifting goodness out of the MT82.

2011 Premium GT/Sterling Gray/M6/Brembos/Tech/ HIDs/Comfort/Security/Back up camera
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011
GT Member

Quote:
I dont have any transmission issues, but I am going to get the trans oil change that was called out in a previous thread.
If your 6-speed is shifting well I would leave it alone. Don't let Ford put in the twin clutch fluid unless you have really notchy shifting.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
I can agree with this. I'm itching every morning in bumper to bumper traffic just to get a *little* bit of a straight away to give it a tap of the gas. Almost frustrating. And I'm inside the perimeter. Don't have the nice roads that you guys outside do.

Glad you like the car!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Congrats and enjoy. I second the advise of HeavyD on not messing with the trans fluids yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page