Help Locating a Cover/Pad for Arm Rest/Cup Holder Lid - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Help Locating a Cover/Pad for Arm Rest/Cup Holder Lid

I have located the arm rest pad up to the '09. I haven't been able to find anything that I can use for my 2011.

I really don't care if it's attached to something or it slides, so long as it looks clean, just looking for something softer to rest my arm and elbow on when I am driving.

Has anyone else found anything?

2011 Ingot Silver GT Premium - 6MT - California Special - HID - 3.73 - Glass Roof - Roush Axle Backs
BBR Shortie Antenna - Viper SmartStart - Barton Shifter & Bracket - JLT Oil Separator - Amsoil Synchromesh

Ordered: 11/6/10 | Obtained VIN: 11/19/2010 | Delivery Date: 12/23/2010 | Window Sticker: 12/10/2010 | Build Date: 12/16/2010 | Body Shop: 12/14/2010 | Trim Line: 12/15/2010 | Ready to Ship: 12/16/2010 | New Delivery Date: 12/29/2010 | Delivered: 1/5/2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Good question...would love something else there also.

Current Ride: 2014 RAM 1500 SPORT
Toy: 89 RX7-Turbo (Future LS Swap)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Due to the overwhelming number of responses, I thought I'd go ahead and give this a bit of a bump and see if some fresh eyes have anything to add.

2011 Ingot Silver GT Premium - 6MT - California Special - HID - 3.73 - Glass Roof - Roush Axle Backs
BBR Shortie Antenna - Viper SmartStart - Barton Shifter & Bracket - JLT Oil Separator - Amsoil Synchromesh

Ordered: 11/6/10 | Obtained VIN: 11/19/2010 | Delivery Date: 12/23/2010 | Window Sticker: 12/10/2010 | Build Date: 12/16/2010 | Body Shop: 12/14/2010 | Trim Line: 12/15/2010 | Ready to Ship: 12/16/2010 | New Delivery Date: 12/29/2010 | Delivered: 1/5/2011

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGT96drvr View Post
Due to the overwhelming number of responses, I thought I'd go ahead and give this a bit of a bump and see if some fresh eyes have anything to add.
LOL. Subtle. I was seriously hoping someone posted the answer. I've been looking around quite a bit myself and may go as far as asking my Mom-in-law to make one. She can sew just about anything...to include leather, etc. If you find anything please post.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I've been working on an idea that I had where I'd actually pay a machine shop to create a minimally-invasive bracket, with a pivot point, and a leather-padded armrest that may or may not be ajustable.

I keep hoping that someone will come out with something before I am done creating the pieces in CAD, but it's just not happening.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011
MACH I Member

I'd love to see your idea when it's rendered. Sounds very interesting to me.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011
PONY Member

I saw one mustang driver who placed their blowup doll between the seats with the feet in the backseat while his right ARM was nestled gently between the breasts.

The Silent Majority always get slaughtered! It's always the small minority radicals that impose their will on the majority who don't speak up!
Americans have nothing to apologize for except for letting progressives force their will on the majority. :run_over:
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poneyup View Post
I saw one mustang driver who placed their blowup doll between the seats with the feet in the backseat while his right ARM was nestled gently between the breasts.
Oh yeah, his 32oz secured tightly between the dolls lips. It must have been an A/T.

The Silent Majority always get slaughtered! It's always the small minority radicals that impose their will on the majority who don't speak up!
Americans have nothing to apologize for except for letting progressives force their will on the majority. :run_over:
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGT96drvr View Post
I've been working on an idea that I had where I'd actually pay a machine shop to create a minimally-invasive bracket, with a pivot point, and a leather-padded armrest that may or may not be ajustable.

I keep hoping that someone will come out with something before I am done creating the pieces in CAD, but it's just not happening.
I would love to see that as well. I keep meaning to stop by a upholstery shop to see if they could make a pad that would fit on top of the armrest. Than I was thinking of just velcroing to the top. But I never seem to be able to find the time. One of these days.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poneyup View Post
Not only easy on the wrist but convenient for those carol lane cameras.

2011 Mustang 5.0 412HP SG Charcoal Premium Comfort: Auto, Secure & NAV, Remote, HID, ButtCam & GTcs wheels, Sport Stripes, Roush AB's & plush 5.0 Mats!
Apprentice

Could check to see if Redline might come up with something for 11+.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice4all View Post
Could check to see if Redline might come up with something for 11+.
When I ordered my boots, they said they were working on one.

2004 SY Cobra, Pulley, CAI, Exhaust, Baer Brakes (458 rwhp & 479 rwtq) Projected completion June 2012

2011 RaceRed 5.0 6M; Brembo's, HIDs, Security, & 3.73s; 738 rwhp & 531 rwtq - Sold

2012 Limited Expedition EL
GT Member
V6 Member

There are marine reupholsters that might be able to help. Take it off and bring it in.

2012 Kona Blue V6 6MT Pony package. 2.73 rear end, comfort package, Charcoal leather interior.

Driving it since 5/09/2011

Mods: Ford Mustang STB, Epco Rally stripe shifter ball, AFE non-oiled Air filter, Airaid mid pipe, GT500 Splash Guards, Ford Racing Rear Sway bar links and bushing kit, BMR rear LCA's, Bilstein monotube shocks, Eibach Pro-kit Springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page