NT05s on GTCS - Advice Needed - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

NT05s on GTCS - Advice Needed

So, I am wondering which tires would be "best" for the rear of my CS. I love the wheels, so those will stay the same, but I've never put wider rubber on wheels and would like some advice.

I want to keep the ones on the front stock, use the rears that I take off to replace the front eventually. I am not worried about rotating tires at all.

So, I have heard great things about the NT05's. I was wondering if 275/35/19s would look odd if the fronts still have a sidewall of 45.

I don't believe that they are too wide for the Wheels now that run 245/45/19, but I could be wrong. Actually, I'd like to go wider.

Tough to find great pics of staggered tires on stock CS wheels, and that would be awesome to see.

Anyway, any advice, as always, is appreciated.

2011 Ingot Silver GT Premium - 6MT - California Special - HID - 3.73 - Glass Roof - Roush Axle Backs
BBR Shortie Antenna - Viper SmartStart - Barton Shifter & Bracket - JLT Oil Separator - Amsoil Synchromesh

Ordered: 11/6/10 | Obtained VIN: 11/19/2010 | Delivery Date: 12/23/2010 | Window Sticker: 12/10/2010 | Build Date: 12/16/2010 | Body Shop: 12/14/2010 | Trim Line: 12/15/2010 | Ready to Ship: 12/16/2010 | New Delivery Date: 12/29/2010 | Delivered: 1/5/2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011
Apprentice

A rule of thumb is to have the same tires all the way around the car, i.e. if you still have the Pirellis on the front, put 'em on the rear.
Why is this, you ask?
It's because different makes, and even different models of tires within the same manufacturer have everything from their belts being ran differently, treads obviously being different, and entirely different carcass construction. This could effect you several different ways. It could affect you from say the front trying to track the rain grooves on the freeway, and the rears not. The fronts deflecting one way over bumps, and the rears going the other.. and when going through a turn, your fronts could react quicker or slower than your rears. This could actually upset your chassis to the point where you lose it. You could experience all of this, some of it, something else entirely, and you might actually not experience any of it. Chances are pretty small however, but circumstances play a part in it. Guys who drag their cars will a lot of times run drag tires in the rear, but they're going in a straight line..1/4 mile at a time. The slower you drive and the less you ask out of your car corner-wise will lessen the effect(s) as well.

'12 Boss-Competition Orange
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGT96drvr View Post
So, I am wondering which tires would be "best" for the rear of my CS. I love the wheels, so those will stay the same, but I've never put wider rubber on wheels and would like some advice.

I want to keep the ones on the front stock, use the rears that I take off to replace the front eventually. I am not worried about rotating tires at all.

So, I have heard great things about the NT05's. I was wondering if 275/35/19s would look odd if the fronts still have a sidewall of 45.

I don't believe that they are too wide for the Wheels now that run 245/45/19, but I could be wrong. Actually, I'd like to go wider.

Tough to find great pics of staggered tires on stock CS wheels, and that would be awesome to see.

Anyway, any advice, as always, is appreciated.
I'm running on 275/40 in the front and 315/35 in the rear NT05 and IMO Nittos LOOKS thinner Comparing with other Tier Brands.. plus it's an awesome Summer tiers .. so i think you'll be good to go

Mine

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011
Apprentice

I too have heard awesome things about NT05s. From what I've researched they are a great summer tire.

I have a GT/CS as well, and I am going to be putting the RTR Wheels on my car.

I'm strongly considering the NT05's as well, either that or im going with the Hankook Ventus V12
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

@FastKevin - I've been reading the forums on tires for a few days now and haven't seen this "argument"/point of view. I will have to think about changing out the fronts. I would probably get the same tire, just in a thinner size.

@SavageCore - Wow. That's a great pic. Any chance you'd have a view straight on from the back?

2011 Ingot Silver GT Premium - 6MT - California Special - HID - 3.73 - Glass Roof - Roush Axle Backs
BBR Shortie Antenna - Viper SmartStart - Barton Shifter & Bracket - JLT Oil Separator - Amsoil Synchromesh

Ordered: 11/6/10 | Obtained VIN: 11/19/2010 | Delivery Date: 12/23/2010 | Window Sticker: 12/10/2010 | Build Date: 12/16/2010 | Body Shop: 12/14/2010 | Trim Line: 12/15/2010 | Ready to Ship: 12/16/2010 | New Delivery Date: 12/29/2010 | Delivered: 1/5/2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page