Photos of my 2011 GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Photos of my 2011 GT

Hi all, here are a few photos of my 2011 GT, Kona Blue, 6 speed, 3.31's. I recently drove out to Las Vegas and back from Denver. About 1600 miles overall, a very easy drive, I70 to I15 which takes me through some beautiful scenery.

Averaged about 26 mpg, the 3.31's helped I'm sure. I did most of the trip at about 78-80 mph with the cruise on but I did do some 6-3 downshifts to let the motor run up to redline every once in a while. I have the Roush a/b's so I like to hear the exhaust every now and then. Of course, I launched hard on the on-ramp after every gas stop too

In addition to the decent gas mileage, I didn't burn any motor oil and the air conditioning ran ice-cold the whole way. I couldn't be happier.

Just an example of the cool rock formations in Utah:

Just outside of Golden, CO:

Stopped at the Salt Wash Overlook in Utah, off I70 a few miles west of the turnoff to Moab:

Here's me peeking over the edge, it's a sheer drop there! The wind was blowing incredibly hard.

Enjoy!

Me: 2014 GT Track Pack
Wife: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011
Banned
5.0L Member

so awesome man! I need to make it out that way again..

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

There's a couple sections through Utah where they're testing an 80 mph speed limit. It was so strange to see "80" posted on the sign. A few people were definitely using it as an excuse to speed like crazy. A BMW suv shot past me doing a good 120mph or so. I thought about giving chase but then thought of the potential consequences so I kept it at 80(ish)!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepis View Post
There's a couple sections through Utah where they're testing an 80 mph speed limit. It was so strange to see "80" posted on the sign. A few people were definitely using it as an excuse to speed like crazy. A BMW suv shot past me doing a good 120mph or so. I thought about giving chase but then thought of the potential consequences so I kept it at 80(ish)!
Good choice and nice pics! Those 3.31s will come in handy if more states go to 80 mph speed limits.

2011 Premium GT/Sterling Gray/M6/Brembos/Tech/ HIDs/Comfort/Security/Back up camera
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011
Apprentice

Looks great! Kona blue is the best color!

Kona Blue 302 6spd
-401a black interior w/grabber blue
-brembo's
-3.73's
-security package
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I just got married and my car made its way into some of the engagement photos, enjoy!

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011
MACH I Member

Nice pictures! Congrats...on the marriage and the Stang.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011
PONY Member

Get some tint on those windows !
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P51 Nick View Post
Get some tint on those windows !
Yeah, I need to, here in Colorado, where I'm a mile high, the sun is that much more fierce.

I think my wife is a keeper, I told her that I was thinking of regearing the diff and found a place with a good price to do it, and her response was, "get it done with the best service, not the best price."

She also wants a lift kit on her Jeep Grand Cherokee. Does it get any better?

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepis View Post
Yeah, I need to, here in Colorado, where I'm a mile high, the sun is that much more fierce.

I think my wife is a keeper, I told her that I was thinking of regearing the diff and found a place with a good price to do it, and her response was, "get it done with the best service, not the best price."

She also wants a lift kit on her Jeep Grand Cherokee. Does it get any better?
Nice.My wife is the same....and it may get better than this but this is a good start!

KOZZ 2011 GT 5.0 Premium Convertible,6 spd.Manual Trans.,Kona Blue,Stone Leather,Black Cloth Top,Electronics/Nav.Pkg.,Comfort Pkg.,Security Pkg.,18"Polished Aluminum Wheels,Rear Video Camera,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust ,Ford Racing Procal tune w/K&N drop- in,CDC Aggressive chin spoiler,A.M. hood struts to get rid of the fugly prop rod!
Apprentice
S197 Member

Nice car...loved checkin out Colorado on my Harley now its time to go back with our 5.0!

KOZZ 2011 GT 5.0 Premium Convertible,6 spd.Manual Trans.,Kona Blue,Stone Leather,Black Cloth Top,Electronics/Nav.Pkg.,Comfort Pkg.,Security Pkg.,18"Polished Aluminum Wheels,Rear Video Camera,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust ,Ford Racing Procal tune w/K&N drop- in,CDC Aggressive chin spoiler,A.M. hood struts to get rid of the fugly prop rod!
Rookie

I got Kona Blue as well! I looooove the color of it. Sweet ride!

Sergeant, U.S. Army
2012 Mustang V6 Premium 3.7l 6-MT, MCA Package, Kona Blue / Charcoal Black, FRPP 3.73 rear, Airaid CAI, 93OCT Bama Hybrid tune, reverse sensing package.

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMacNCheese View Post
I got Kona Blue as well! I looooove the color of it. Sweet ride!
Nice car Sarge! Thank you for your service to us all...My wife and I are Navy retired.Love our Kona as well.

MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Beautiful Mustang and fiance! Congrats on both as well. I love women who are into cars. My fiance (getting married on Oct. 22) is OK with them and she'll go to shows with me and stuff, but it isn't her thing.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

So my buddy bought one too. We went over on Friday night to the same dealership where I got mine and we've been cruising around together all weekend since then!

His is a 2012 Kona Blue 5.0 w/6MT, premium, 3.31's.

First on his mod list is 3.73's, then muffler deletes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page