CDC vs Boss/CS splitter - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't like the look of the CS lower valenca. It's just TOO much....even without the Boss splitter piece underneath it.

I prefer the much cleaner look of the CDC chin spoiler. Plus, it reminds me of the old "snow plow" on the older mustangs.

These guys even had them.

It's just so much cleaner, in my opinion, than the garbled up mess that is the GT/CS valence. ESPECIALLY since most like to put the boss splitter down there too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon B View Post
I'm assuming since you're talking about the CS, you mean the Lower Valance. The Splitter is a Boss item. I have both and can tell you the fit is excellent, and the Lower Valance came with the pigtails to extend the fog lights to the lower mounted lights. I decided to keep the stock lights in addition to the new ones. I added the Boss Splitter to the CS Valance and really like the look. I have the car lowered and have to watch some driveways, but it isn't any lower than the stock front valance. I'm not familiar with the CDC unit so I can't comment on it, but I'm very happy with the Ford stuff.

Same here, my vote for the Boss Splitter, it looks great, really gives an added mean look to the car!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastredponycar View Post
yeah I know that it's a 2 piece design that the boss has. And from what I've seen, you can't have both the CS and the CDC. The CDC is a total fascia replacement piece just like the CS fascia.
I didn't know the CDC unit replaced the lower fascia also. I just thought it attached below the fascia. I think I like the CS fascia more also.

Learn something new everyday. Thanks!!

'04 Cobra vert Mystichrome
'92 Mustang LX most mods plus Vortech V1
'12 Mustang GT Perm Coupe PW 401A 6mt, elect pack 3.73 (sold)
'06 Mustang GT Prem vert Redfire 5MT 333 rwhp 323 rwtq (sold)
'69 Mustang Fastback first car I owned and all stock

Rookie

I like the look of the cs lower fascia. For you guys that have installed this without the foglights, did you block off the holes that the foglights would have gone in?

2011 Mustang GT 5.0, Black, 6MT, Borla S-Type Axlebacks, Redline Hood Struts, Shelby GT500 SVT Wheels
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E View Post
I like the look of the cs lower fascia. For you guys that have installed this without the foglights, did you block off the holes that the foglights would have gone in?
I like the look of the CS lower also. I did not block off the holes in mine. Left them open for now.

2011 Ebony Black GT: 6spd, 3:55, Steeda C.A.I., Kooks headers&catted x-pipe, Bassani exhaust, Custom Dyno Tune, Cervinis Cobra R Hood, Boss Front-Rear lower fascia, Vossen CV3 Matte Graphite 20" staggered rims, Raxiom smoked tail lights, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro-Action Shocks and Struts, HD Strut Mounts, Adjustable Panhard Bar, Adjustable UCA, Billet LCA's.
Apprentice

My vote is for CS Fascia without the splitter (yeah I'm alone on this ). The CS and CDC look good alone, I just think with the Boss splitter it crosses the threshold of too much plastic. Unless you like 'hiding' the plastic on black or contrasting it on white, I think overdoing the ground effects is akin to a bodykit - an unpainted bodykit. To each their own. Looks good on the Boss, but the Boss has a ton of graphics already so it's much different than a clean GT. Either way, nice ride, won't see me hating.
GT Member

Quote:
I left mine open for now because I can't decide if I want to put the plugs that the Boss has or the C/S fog lights and a Saleen grille.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTime View Post
I like the look of the CS lower also. I did not block off the holes in mine. Left them open for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1120 View Post
I left mine open for now because I can't decide if I want to put the plugs that the Boss has or the C/S fog lights and a Saleen grille.
Thanks for your replies. I really like the look to the cs lower fascia w/o the foglights. It looks terrific even without the holes filled.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0, Black, 6MT, Borla S-Type Axlebacks, Redline Hood Struts, Shelby GT500 SVT Wheels
PONY Member

Quote:
Like the others I've left mine open as well. However, one thing you may want to consider if you go this route is hitting the windshield washer reservoir with some matte black spray paint otherwise it will stand out pretty good when looking at the car from lower angles. You can make a paper cone through the opening and aim the spray through that.

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium, 401a, Manual, Brembo and 3.73 rear.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrubiu View Post
However, I could live with the CDC if you add the splitter like the RTR setup
^That.. CDC + RTR splitter, if you want to be different from the crowd. Plus, I think that looks better, but I'm sure the splitter will cost a pretty penny

2011 V6 PP -> 2012 5.0
Rookie

Quote:
Like the others I've left mine open as well. However, one thing you may want to consider if you go this route is hitting the windshield washer reservoir with some matte black spray paint otherwise it will stand out pretty good when looking at the car from lower angles. You can make a paper cone through the opening and aim the spray through that.
Great idea, thanks for the tip!

post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

Send a message via AIM to Fastredponycar
Also, I forgot to mention that Cervinis makes a few splitters. A couple of them mount to the bottom of the factory splitter (but are the same price more or less as a full lower fascia replacement)

https://cervinis.com/%5Cproduct.aspx?car=1&id=1226

I kinda dig the type IV chin (hopefully these pics show up)

2012 GT Premuim - Candy Metallic Red, MT82, Comfort package, Reverse Camera, Brembos and 3.73's.

Mods: JLT oil separator, Koni Sports, Steeda sport springs/HD strut mounts, GT500 Axleback, Air Raid CAI

373 RWHP / 356 TQ - Stock on 87 octane
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

Send a message via AIM to Fastredponycar
antother pic

2012 GT Premuim - Candy Metallic Red, MT82, Comfort package, Reverse Camera, Brembos and 3.73's.

Mods: JLT oil separator, Koni Sports, Steeda sport springs/HD strut mounts, GT500 Axleback, Air Raid CAI

373 RWHP / 356 TQ - Stock on 87 octane
Apprentice

That would look better than the C/S if they manage to adapt some foglights into it. I like the three holes on the bottom that match up to the factory fascia. Good third option if you're going for unique, haven't seen one of those yet
PONY Member

Quote:
Like Leon said, mounting the Boss splitter on the fascia is a PITA. I had to clamp and tape it all over the place to make sure it didn't get out of alignment. I even put some string through the fog light openings on the fascia to tie both pieces together and this seemed to help the most.
I just held mine in place by hand and drilled one of the two center-most holes. Then I hung it in place by that middle screw and positioned the two end-most screws. With it held in the right place by the three screws I was able to mark and drill the remaining 23 holes and get them exactly where they needed to be. It was tedious, but it was easy.

2014 GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page