Farewell, my friends! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Farewell, my friends!

Traded my baby in for something more... economical? Not that I wanted to, I just need a few more years under my belt to wise up so I don't kill myself! I was getting out of control with all the speed and power, so I punished myself. I'm slowly coping.. but it's been a really rough process.

Just wanted to thank you all for all the awesome advice and tidbits. Made car ownership a wholeeeee lot easier!

I'm sure I'll be back one day, though. 2014 is looking like a good year -- should be plenty of time to cool my heels!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-05-31_17-41-28_250.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	131531   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-05-24_15-28-34_114.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	131532  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
PONY Member

Its understandable, the new Focus is a very nice car. I wouldn't mind picking one up for a DD, or perhaps the new Elantra which is pretty cool too.

Bye!

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flargimmer View Post
Traded my baby in for something more... economical? Not that I wanted to, I just need a few more years under my belt to wise up so I don't kill myself! I was getting out of control with all the speed and power, so I punished myself. I'm slowly coping.. but it's been a really rough process.

Just wanted to thank you all for all the awesome advice and tidbits. Made car ownership a wholeeeee lot easier!

I'm sure I'll be back one day, though. 2014 is looking like a good year -- should be plenty of time to cool my heels!
Nice econobox. I am looking at next year's Mazda 3 with the new Sky DI motor as a DD beater to replace my Honda beater.

2011 Premium GT/Sterling Gray/M6/Brembos/Tech/ HIDs/Comfort/Security/Back up camera

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
Em3
PONY Member
S197 Member

Sorry to see you go.

On another note, guess I'm one of the few with my 5.0 as my DD beater? lol

Ordered 1/12/11 Recieved 5/13/11: 2012 Mustang GT Premium, A/T, HID & Security, Comfort Pkg, 401A Brick Red & Cashmere Int, Black Ext, Remote Start, 15%/5% Ceramic Tint, Roush Axle-Backs, 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler, MGP Red 5.0 Caliper Covers, DG Auto Custom Quarter Window Scoops, Airaid CAI, Bama Tune.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
Apprentice

Why didn't you get a SVT Focus RS500?

Mustangs Get The Girls
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em3 View Post
My 5.0 is my daily driver but I also garage her whenever I'm home. My true garage queen is my '66 which only goes out in warm clear weather.

'66 Coupe 200 cu in | Candy Apple Red | Black Interior | Rally lights | A/C

'12 VW GTI 4 dr | DSG | Neuspeed P-flo intake | pushing 225 whp

SOLD '11 GT Prem Kona Blue | Saddle | Sec Pkg | Brembos | had many mods
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
My GT/CS is my daily driver. It's a mixed bag. It's awesome to be in a great car all the time, but nerve wracking trying to keep it looking in tip-top shape.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flargimmer View Post

I've been at this point myself, once going from a 5 speed V8 Camaro to a Honda Civic Hatchback. And I imagine we'll be seeing you back again sometime. Once FAST is in your blood it's hard to ever be free of it.

Does your Focus do that cool self-parking itself trick?

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe • Performance White • 6R80 • HID • 64M Wheels • Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner • GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set • Ohio's Horses License Plate • Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
As far as I know my GT is going to take over from 2009 V6 as a year-round DD too. At least you're in Florida where there's no snow.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe • Performance White • 6R80 • HID • 64M Wheels • Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner • GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set • Ohio's Horses License Plate • Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Sad to see someone go but the new Focus is nice, too. Makes the Civic SI look stupid IMO. I just picked up a 99 civic for a winter dd and boy do I wish I had not got rid of my SVT Focus. The civic is hard to work on.

You gonna turbo the Focus? You at least have to be able to still kill rice!
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm surprised I'm not in jail yet. I have tickets though. I know exactly what you mean. Been wondering if I shouldn't have gone with a Honda Civic myself. But...I'll knuckle down and practice more of the granny crawl in my Pony. Enjoy your sensible new car! Ahhhhh...for want of a REAL back seat...
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to mell0
Take it easy! Hopefully you'll be back in the mustang game with time!

2002 Procharged GT
351rwhp, 353rwtq
12.503 @ 113.08

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Should have got a 3.7! Everyone knows they're girly rental cars.

Never argue with an idiot........They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Apprentice

Hey don't feel bad, my DD daily driver is a 2004 Hyundai Accent 2dr hatch. This was my wifes car before we got married. When we had our daughter we traded and she got my Honda Ridgeline. The new Focus looks like a nice car.
PONY Member

You can always look forward to upgrading to the RS 500 down the road if they ever bring it to the US...

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium, 401a, Manual, Brembo and 3.73 rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page