2012 GT - tires, wheels, lowering kit ?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

2012 GT - tires, wheels, lowering kit ??

I have a 2012 GT Premium with the optional 19" nickel luster wheels. My next purchase will me a lowering kit - I am thinking the H&R Super Sport Springs which drop 1.7" front and 2.4" rear. Does anyone know if I will have any clearance issues with my stock wheels/tires? In the future I may also go with some aftermarket wheels which are wider - no interest in larger diameter. Given the H&R lowering kit, does anyone have any personal experience concerning wheels/tire sizes that might pose a problem? Much appreciated.

GT premium / Performance white
19" nickel luster wheels
Electronics package
Hood scoop / spoiler (wished the hood scoop came alone)
Security package / HID headlights
Ordered 2/21/2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
PONY Member

Send a message via AIM to BK2BLKGT Send a message via Yahoo to BK2BLKGT
I have the super sports with BMR bar. No noticeable clearance or rubbing issues i can see with the stock tires. If you do go with them, make sure you remember to cut down the bump stops on the fronts/rears unless your going with other shocks..

No idea on the custom tires though.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2049.jpg
Views:	815
Size:	647.2 KB
ID:	131564   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2047.jpg
Views:	8182
Size:	857.9 KB
ID:	131565   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2056.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	671.9 KB
ID:	131566  

Barton w/Bracket-Koni Sports w/Steeda Sport springs - Steeda HD mounts - BMR adj PH bar-Whiteline adj LCA's w/brackets - Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars - DSS Carbon driveshaft - Whipple 2.9L w/ JLT Super Big air - JBA Ceramic long tubes w/ O/R x pipe-Magnaflow Competition Catback - RTR's with Conti Extreme Contact DW's 275/40 19 front & Nitto 305 rear - Lund Tuned
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
PONY Member

You sure you want that much of a drop? Your ride quality will not be great and you'll scrape on everything. Also, if you want to do it right, you should also definitely get aftermarket dampers with it, Steeda HD mounts, and an adjustable PHB. And of course an alignment.

2012 GT Premium Black/Saddle, Auto, HID's/security. 19x9.5 RTR w/285/40 & 255/40 MPSS | Koni STR.T's and Eibach Prokit | Bama tune & Airaid CAI | GT500 AB | GT500 rear spoiler, Roush side splitters, Boss Front fascia & splitter | Billet interior bits| JL Audio 570's & dynamat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page