2012 SYNC Navi owners? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

2012 SYNC Navi owners?

I've had my 12 GT almost a month. All is well. Even great! However, just yesterday I went to syncmyride.com and created an account then downloaded and ran the version checker app. It tells me that I have SYNC version 4. Wikipedia tells me I should have SYNC version 5. Now I'm sure Wikipedia is not a be all and end all source, but if they are wrong it'll be the first I know of.

Can some other 12 Sync Navi owner that has ran the version checker app tell me what SYNC version they have? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
PONY Member

Just HOW would some anonymous author contributing to Wikipedia have an idea what version YOUR SYNC has?
I guess I would just go with what the software in syncmyride.com tells me since IT is the basis for your software.
I checked my SYNC handbook and it has no mention of versions that I could find.
Maybe you SHOULD have version 5, but alas, it looks like SYNC 4 is what SYCN says you have.
What is the difference between the two versions?

Anyone can write ANYTHING in Wikipedia and it has to be corrected by other contributors.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Down Bruce View Post
Just HOW would some anonymous author contributing to Wikipedia have an idea what version YOUR SYNC has?
I guess I would just go with what the software in syncmyride.com tells me since IT is the basis for your software.
I checked my SYNC handbook and it has no mention of versions that I could find.
Maybe you SHOULD have version 5, but alas, it looks like SYNC 4 is what SYCN says you have.
What is the difference between the two versions?

Anyone can write ANYTHING in Wikipedia and it has to be corrected by other contributors.
I trust Wikipedia way more than I do Microsoft, or Ford! Talk to Ford customer service 3 times and you'll get three different answers. It's ridiculous that on Ford's own SYNC site you can't even find what version you're supposed to have. Microsoft . . ... well they won't even answer the phone! The upgrade procedure is beyond ridiculous! I write technical manuals for a living. If I were to write procedures the way Microsoft and Ford do I would be fired on the first draft! Any procedure that tells you "Installation complete", but you have to ignore it until the 2nd time you get it is absurd! Good Lord wite the software to prompt "Installation complete" only when it's complete. It's not that hard!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
PONY Member

Version 5 is for MyFordTouchNaughtyZone or whatever that newfangled crap is that isn't in the Mustang. We have version 4.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye18 View Post
Version 5 is for MyFordTouchNaughtyZone or whatever that newfangled crap is that isn't in the Mustang. We have version 4.
Ok, now that makes sense! Did you happen to get that from running the version checker app?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blackgt View Post
Ok, now that makes sense! Did you happen to get that from running the version checker app?
Why ask? If it's not in Wikipedia it's an unreliable source, right? lol

Ford service and SyncMyRide would tell you that your version is V4; punch in a VIN for an Edge or any other car with MFT it will tell you it's V5.

Like all technology, sooner or later you will top out on the updates available for your system while they will carry on for newer versions. Just like trying to get updates for WindowsME...

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky View Post
WindowsME...
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page