Tape Stripe Delete - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Tape Stripe Delete

Finally got a new 2012 V6 Premium/Pony(love it).

I looked at about a dozen different Prem/Pony at dealers and on line and all but 2 have " Delete tape stripe" listed in the options side of the sticker. Sure enough, the one I had the dealer go pick up for me is missing the stripe. Is there some reason for this, that so few have the lower door stripe from the factory?

Got my wife telling me she wants me to add the stripes..........

From the Swamp, Lenny
2012 Mustang 3.7/M6 Prem-Pony
2011 F150 XLT SCab 3.7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
PONY Member

Probably because it's ugly..

But you can just have your dealer put it on. It's vinyl

2011 V6 PP -> 2012 5.0
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyM View Post
+1. The only stripes I like on a Mustang are the Lemans (aka Shelby) and SVTPP stripes.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyM View Post

But you can just have your dealer put it on. It's vinyl
I have to agree. I have them on mine and I want to take them off. Since they are vinyl, are they easy to take off or is it bascially a paint job because hte stripes are so tightly adhered.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeejolts View Post
+1. The only stripes I like on a Mustang are the Lemans (aka Shelby) and SVTPP stripes.
I agree, I also liked the black out stripe on the 03-04 Mach 1. No factory stripes on the V6, makes it look cheap.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L454S View Post
Finally got a new 2012 V6 Premium/Pony(love it).

I looked at about a dozen different Prem/Pony at dealers and on line and all but 2 have " Delete tape stripe" listed in the options side of the sticker. Sure enough, the one I had the dealer go pick up for me is missing the stripe. Is there some reason for this, that so few have the lower door stripe from the factory?

Got my wife telling me she wants me to add the stripes..........
If the stripes don't add to the price of the car, it doesn't makes much sense to order many for stock without the stripes. I mean, they are easy to take off (even free labor if the customer does it) but it adds to the cost and delays impulse buys if someone wants them and they were deleted.

Any chance there was a hold on stripes at some point and dealers had to order stripe delete just to get cars?

I know what you mean about wives and stripes. My Mustang came with stripes and I was going to remove them the instant I got home. I made the mistake of taking off the lame pin-stripes the dealer added first and before I got to the factory rocker stripes, my wife decided she wanted them to stay.

2016 Oxford White GT Premium, Performance Package w/silver wheels, 401A, Premier Redline trim, Adaptive Cruise, NAV, Reverse sensing
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Have to agree not a big fan of those stripes, look cheap imo.
I do like the the over the top stripes as Ford call them. (LeMans,Racing or whatever you may call them) as you can see.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
Black w/ Silver Racing Stripes
6 speed manual, 401A Charcoal Black Leather, GT Package. Borla's
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
MACH I Member

I don't have any strong feelings for the side stripes one way or another. But then again my car is black and the stripes are also black so I don't really notice them.

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
PONY Member

Stripes

I get at least three unsolicited compliments PER DAY on my car and I think the stripe doesn't hurt.
Each to his own, of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2065.JPG
Views:	1422
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	131655  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page