Muffler & Spoiler Install - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011 Thread Starter
Em3
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
Em3's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Oldsmar
Posts: 270
 
Muffler & Spoiler Install

So my Roush Axle-backs and my 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler should both arrive today.

I was planning on having the dealer install them and had some questions.

-My car came with no spoiler so there is no preexisiting holes. Will the item come with any sort of template needed for the installer to know where to drill the holes, if not how will they know?

-Typically how much can I expect to pay for the muffler install and also for the spoiler install. Some information on estimated labor hours would be appreciated and maybe cost.

Thanks!


Ordered 1/12/11 Recieved 5/13/11: 2012 Mustang GT Premium, A/T, HID & Security, Comfort Pkg, 401A Brick Red & Cashmere Int, Black Ext, Remote Start, 15%/5% Ceramic Tint, Roush Axle-Backs, 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler, MGP Red 5.0 Caliper Covers, DG Auto Custom Quarter Window Scoops, Airaid CAI, Bama Tune.
Em3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member
 
Daryl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Silsbee
Posts: 242
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em3 View Post
So my Roush Axle-backs and my 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler should both arrive today.

I was planning on having the dealer install them and had some questions.

-My car came with no spoiler so there is no preexisiting holes. Will the item come with any sort of template needed for the installer to know where to drill the holes, if not how will they know?

-Typically how much can I expect to pay for the muffler install and also for the spoiler install. Some information on estimated labor hours would be appreciated and maybe cost.

Thanks!
I installed my Roush axel backs in my yard in about 45 minuets, so dont let them screw you on hours of time. By the way look out you are going to love them. Yes the spoiler will come with a template. My Roush spoiler did. Did you order your spoiler pre painted. That one was my second choice in spoilers. I should have got the one piece.



spoiler.bmp


2011 5.0 Gt Premium, Black,Stone Interior,400A, Shaker 1000,3.55 Gears, 19" Pirellies, Air Raid CAI, Roush Axel Backs, Bama 91 performance Tuned, Roush body package.
Daryl is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011 Thread Starter
Em3
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
Em3's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Oldsmar
Posts: 270
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
I installed my Roush axel backs in my yard in about 45 minuets, so dont let them screw you on hours of time. By the way look out you are going to love them. Yes the spoiler will come with a template. My Roush spoiler did. Did you order your spoiler pre painted. That one was my second choice in spoilers. I should have got the one piece.



Attachment 131624
Yea got it prepainted from cjponyparts for like 280ish. I figured the muffler install should be a whole 30 minutes for them, just really not sure how long the drilling of holes and installing the spoiler is going to take.

Ordered 1/12/11 Recieved 5/13/11: 2012 Mustang GT Premium, A/T, HID & Security, Comfort Pkg, 401A Brick Red & Cashmere Int, Black Ext, Remote Start, 15%/5% Ceramic Tint, Roush Axle-Backs, 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler, MGP Red 5.0 Caliper Covers, DG Auto Custom Quarter Window Scoops, Airaid CAI, Bama Tune.
Em3 is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
PONY Member
 
12GTBLK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: NOVA
Posts: 396
 
Yea it took me and a buddy 25 min to put on the ROUSH axlebacks,,the hangers are a bit stubborn but they should not charge you more than 1 hr labor,,oh and ask for your parts back,,they screwed me oput of my front fascia when I ordered the C/S one! Good luck

2012 GT Premium, BLACK,401A blk/cashmere,3.73,Brembos,Glass Roof,Hood scoop,ped spoiler,C/S dark stainless grill/C/S lower fascia with fogs
Ordered 1/3/11, Vin 4/7/11,Built 4/25/11,Delivered 5/13/11

MODS: ROUSH axlebacks, ROUSH interior trim,ROUSH illuminated door sills,ROUSH CAI, smoked tail, marker lights,decklid blackout, AM louvers,35% tint, Barton short throw shifter/bracket.iTSX tuner with BAMA 93 tune
12GTBLK is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member
 
Daryl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Silsbee
Posts: 242
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GTBLK View Post
Yea it took me and a buddy 25 min to put on the ROUSH axlebacks,,the hangers are a bit stubborn but they should not charge you more than 1 hr labor,,oh and ask for your parts back,,they screwed me oput of my front fascia when I ordered the C/S one! Good luck
What kind of interior from Roush did you get? I was getting the door seal plates and floor mats. Just wandering.

2011 5.0 Gt Premium, Black,Stone Interior,400A, Shaker 1000,3.55 Gears, 19" Pirellies, Air Raid CAI, Roush Axel Backs, Bama 91 performance Tuned, Roush body package.
Daryl is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
PONY Member
 
FST HRSY's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 303
 
I know first hand the Roush exhaust is easy to install...less than 1 hour to do with car on jack stands. I hope the spoiler will be easy to install like others have said.

Everyone says to set the car in the sun to help the tape under the spoiler be more pliable then use fishing string to help remove it. You don't have any holes from a spoiler there so it would be more work for you to do on yourself.

'66 Coupe 200 cu in | Candy Apple Red | Black Interior | Rally lights | A/C

'12 VW GTI 4 dr | DSG | Neuspeed P-flo intake | pushing 225 whp

SOLD '11 GT Prem Kona Blue | Saddle | Sec Pkg | Brembos | had many mods
FST HRSY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1