Well, I fixed my MT-82 and order waiting dillema - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Well, I fixed my MT-82 and order waiting dillema

After reading about all the problems GTs were having I bagan worrying about my order. In addition, cause I had a NAV system in my car, its manufacturing was delayed until who knows when. So, I was looking around one day and found out that my dealer had a GT500 coming mid-June or so, and I jumped the gun. Only took a couple of minutes to talk my wife into it and now I am waiting for a Shelby. I thought waiting for GT was hard, this is now even worse. I wish I had a time machine to fast forward 2 weeks ahead...:kooky::woo::mes ad:

2012 GT500. Black. SVTPP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nice! The two weeks will go by fast enough. Then you'll get to drive it for at least a month before winter comes to MN.

2011 GT Coupe Premium | MT82 | 3.55's | 400A | Red Candy/Stone | Security Pkg | Built 7/21
Installed: SVT Axelbacks w/ res delete, FRPP tune, K&N drop-in, strut tower brace, JLT oil catch can, PIAA/LEDs, GT500 splashguards, 27% tint

Sold: Rebuilt 1994 Mustang | Motorsports 5.8L/351W | HD 5M | DF clutch | 9" rear end 3.73s | Cobra 'R' brakes | aluminum driveshaft | street legal in SC (barely)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
Nice! The two weeks will go by fast enough. Then you'll get to drive it for at least a month before winter comes to MN.
Yep. That was one of the concerns I had, to only drive it for a month and garage it. Even worse, if I was going to get the car in September, I would have had to drive it from the dealer to my garage and that was going to be it I know, a bit extreme. I am joking!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
PONY Member

Nice purchase!!

Did you check the insurance on it. For me in Michigan with a good driving record and at age 51, it was almost double what the 5.0 is. I really wanted one but couldn't see paying almost $1000 every six months for something that I will only drive about seven months a year. My insurance doesn't offer any storage insurance so that is expensive.

Still a nice purchase and it was hard for me to walk away from it but I also like to mod my cars and couldn't really see modding a GT500 much. I will also be racing my new one and again, didn't really like the idea of racing the Shelby.

Enjoy your ride!!

'04 Cobra vert Mystichrome
'92 Mustang LX most mods plus Vortech V1
'12 Mustang GT Perm Coupe PW 401A 6mt, elect pack 3.73 (sold)
'06 Mustang GT Prem vert Redfire 5MT 333 rwhp 323 rwtq (sold)
'69 Mustang Fastback first car I owned and all stock
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Completely understand the wait wait wait then garage garage garage problem with my Sept 2010 delivery.

Hope you have fun smacking the skeeters at high speeds soon.

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Grabber Blue, 400A, MT82, 3.73, glass roof, acc pkg4, OTT white stripes, Roush Axlebacks
6/4 Order, 8/16 Build, 9/9 Arrived

1986 Mustang GT 5.0(sold)
1983 Capri RS 5.0(sold)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstangstingu View Post
Nice purchase!!

Did you check the insurance on it. For me in Michigan with a good driving record and at age 51, it was almost double what the 5.0 is. I really wanted one but couldn't see paying almost $1000 every six months for something that I will only drive about seven months a year. My insurance doesn't offer any storage insurance so that is expensive.

Still a nice purchase and it was hard for me to walk away from it but I also like to mod my cars and couldn't really see modding a GT500 much. I will also be racing my new one and again, didn't really like the idea of racing the Shelby.

Enjoy your ride!!
I am 31, squeaky clean driving history, the insurance for this car alone is about $600 for 6 moths, so I thought it was not too bad. This car is going to be a Sunday toy, and maybe an occasional cross country tourer The more I write about it, the more I want it though, so I will just stop now.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
PONY Member

^^That's not too bad. I wish Michigan was more insurance friendly.

Have fun once it gets here. I too understand the wait as I just ordered mine on 5/17 and also have the electronics package. We will see.

'04 Cobra vert Mystichrome
'92 Mustang LX most mods plus Vortech V1
'12 Mustang GT Perm Coupe PW 401A 6mt, elect pack 3.73 (sold)
'06 Mustang GT Prem vert Redfire 5MT 333 rwhp 323 rwtq (sold)
'69 Mustang Fastback first car I owned and all stock
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverStang View Post
After reading about all the problems GTs were having I bagan worrying about my order. In addition, cause I had a NAV system in my car, its manufacturing was delayed until who knows when. So, I was looking around one day and found out that my dealer had a GT500 coming mid-June or so, and I jumped the gun. Only took a couple of minutes to talk my wife into it and now I am waiting for a Shelby. I thought waiting for GT was hard, this is now even worse. I wish I had a time machine to fast forward 2 weeks ahead...
Given that you went in originally for a GT, did they give you a break on the GT500? Sometimes good luck like that happens, they know they have a wired in seller and all ...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88penguins View Post
Given that you went in originally for a GT, did they give you a break on the GT500? Sometimes good luck like that happens, they know they have a wired in seller and all ...
I am a special case. I am going through a buyback program on my SHO. They take the difference between the MSRPs and and add that to what you paid for the old car. So, because I got the SHO for a less than sticker, the Shelby went below sticker also. Here, not too many dealerships sell GT500s below sticker so I thought I got a good deal.

Apprentice

Awesome good for you, can't wait to the pics once you post em

2012 GT - 6 SPD -Silver - Saddle - Brembo - 3.73 - HID - SP -
Ordered - 03/14/11
Delivered - 05/25/11
Apprentice

I hate you.

Just kidding! Congrats and enjoy when you get it. Those GT500's are bad as hell!

Performance White 2011 GT Premium, Brembos, 3.73 gears
Hushpower axlebacks, FRPP P springs, Barton shifter bracket, Barton white shift knob, CHE lower control arms, CHE adjustable panhard bar.
Apprentice

I did the same thing- cancelled my '12 5.0 order and found a '12 GT500. I was going to blow a bunch of money on mods anyway, now it's all set with warranty and better resale. I have to wait 4 more weeks until I see it though- I'm currently moving from HI to VA where the car is sitting at my folk's place.

'12 Kona Blue GT500 SVTPP/Electronics package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page