Post your Boss 302 intake track results. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Post your Boss 302 intake track results.

Any improvement on the the strip or rr circuit?

'73 Mach 1 - Boss 351 clone in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
GT Member

I seen no difference in ¼ mile ET’s, I ran my fastest time with the stock intake…

I would suggest this… take your money you are going to piss away on the boss 302 intake, if installing it on a none boss long block… add some to it and buy a aluminum or carbon fiber drive shaft…
You will see better results in acceleration, you don’t have to wing your engine past the designed red line to see an improvement in horse power to the rear wheels and you do not lose torque…
Down side to this… when you raise your hood, the engine looks the same…

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
I seen no difference in ¼ mile ET’s, I ran my fastest time with the stock intake…

I would suggest this… take your money you are going to piss away on the boss 302 intake, if installing it on a none boss long block… add some to it and buy a aluminum or carbon fiber drive shaft…
You will see better results in acceleration, you don’t have to wing your engine past the designed red line to see an improvement in horse power to the rear wheels and you do not lose torque…
Down side to this… when you raise your hood, the engine looks the same…
What gearing do you have and what are you rpm are you pulling to with the boss intake manifold at the track?

Ford Racing K-springs & dampeners. UPR Street adjustable UCA. UMI LCA & bolt in relocation brackets. Comp Eng. panhard.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011
GT Member

@cshiznitzj
I would speed shift after the tech started flashing, roughly 7100... I tried several different rpm gear changes... Dyno sheet attached, STP corrected, that dyno showed 375 hp at the rear wheels, that would make it about 450 at the flywheel...
Manual transmission, 3.73 gears...
At Bandimere, local drag strip...
I was beat by a half a second by a red 2011 GT, the mods that car had... CAI, SS headers, x-pipe and aluminum drive shaft, stock 18 inch wheels and tires, manual and e-mail tune...
I had the boss intake, C&L CAI, Kooks long tubes, h-pipe, Nitto NT05 tires and e-mail tune from the same vendor...
I know the NT05 are not a drag tire, but they do hook better then stock... 60' times, I was quicker... The Red GT 5.0 beat me on the big end... after 300 feet he was ahead and pulled away...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Run 3     4-21-11.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	131688  

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page