Ford if you're listening I have a suggestion! - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky View Post
Like I said earlier, every manufacturer has "its shtick"; for GM it's cylinder deactivation, for Ford it's Eco-boosting. I don't think anyone here is arguing that cylinder deactivation can't save fuel but that the added complexity detracts from perceived benefit.

Ford does use cylinder deactivation on their cars under overheat conditions. In their cooling strategy, if the car overheats to the point of going into "limp home" mode it shuts off fuel and spark to half the cylinders, and pulls the timing on the other cylinders and limits the RPM. Those deactivated cylinders are then used to pull in cold air to keep the engine from overheating further. If the temp keeps rising the MIL will start flashing and you have 5-10 before the engine shuts off.
Hey guys, all serious facts and engineering expertise aside, isn't the bottom line really who wins the mpg and power to weight ratio game? Last I checked, the 2011/12 FORD MUSTANG GT won both without a cylinder deactivation thingamajig...??? How about we wait 'til government motors and Chrapsler can beat us before we start fixin' what ain't broke.

2016 GT Premium: Shadow Black, 401a, Black Accent, AT, 3.55, Redline Interior
2012 GT Premium: Ingot Silver, Brembo Package, MT82, 3.73, Shaker 1000, HID, Spoiler Delete (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blackgt View Post
I can almost guarantee that all you people that are against cylinder deactivation have never driven it long term. It's not about fixing something that isn't broken! It's about making what's there better. You can make the same argument with turbo charging, super charging, over head cam, multi valve, etc. It's too complicated, too much heat, makes the motor heavier, bla, bla, bla! You people need to go back to the 5.0 days when it was carburated and 2 valve.
I think your getting into too much of a debating mindset with this, this is your opinion, and your entitled to it like everyone else is to theirs, if they don't like the idea so be it, maybe they haven't driven a car with it, and maybe they just don't care to. Pleanty of people here are plenty Happy wi the 5.0 as is, for what it is making hp wise, it's already getting great gas milage, but the truth is everyone here got it for the performance, not the gas, and they didn't go into it worrying about the gas or they would have got a v6, trying to sit here and argued something with people trying to make your side right isn't going to work because everyone here bought their stang to kick some ass n drive real fast

:p'07 SONIC (not vista) Blue 4.0
(dealership custom painted)
5speed stick shift

Engine:SCT 91 race tune, JLT CAI, Screamin demon coil, JBA wires, Flowmaster 40 muffler
Body:GT500 heat extractor hood,8000 hid lights,Shorty antenna,Black stock rims,Yellow brake calipers,Limo tint windows
PONY Member

Quote:
My point is you can't compare the EPA numbers unless you know that the Magnum is in another class. That class adds weight! You can say the same thing Magnum to Mustang as Mustang to Porsche 911. I don't know where you got that Magnumn weight figure, but I can assure you that is not a wet weight. Very, very beefy can underneath!
If your going to start comparing how the magnum is just as good as the mustang, why didn't you just stick with one of those?

5speed stick shift

Engine:SCT 91 race tune, JLT CAI, Screamin demon coil, JBA wires, Flowmaster 40 muffler
Body:GT500 heat extractor hood,8000 hid lights,Shorty antenna,Black stock rims,Yellow brake calipers,Limo tint windows

PONY Member

Quote:
I've never not agreed with Ford's design philosiphy. However, that does not mean it can't be better. Advanced engineering is way more often left up to the bean counters as opposed to engineers. I ought to know since I am one. If I were to have access to Ford's internal documentation I'd be willing to bet an MDS type system was developed and then killed off by the almighty dollar. As I said earlier it often comes down to one person that doesn't allow some advancement to move forward usually due to a lack of understanding. I could be driving a Challenger 392 right now, but instead I chose the Mustang GT. I disagree with Chrysler's adding weight and then increasing displacement to cover it. However, out of that philosiphy I disagree with came MDS. Needless to say I'm a believer in MDS.
Why do you have a mustang if all your doing is talking about how all the other cars with mds are better and the mustang could just be improved? With that thought process I don't get how you came to buy a mustang

5speed stick shift

Rookie

Just add 12blackgt to your ignore list like I'm about to do and problem solved & this retarded thread can die. It started out as a suggestion, but quickly turned into this guy getting all defensive when no one liked his suggestion. Then it turned into a name-calling contest & a "who has the biggest e-peen" debate.

OAC Sparky It's just too bad it's like arguing with a wall.

12blackgt when your ideas are this unpopular, maybe it's time to just let it go, man. If you had stopped a long time ago, maybe you wouldn't be going on my ignore list now (Not that you care, I'm just saying it's pretty damn annoying when you're arguing against the whole friggin board.)
MACH I Member

My '12 v6 is beautiful, wonderfully designed, perfectly engineered, detail oriented and extremely practical. Thanks ford for making my favorite car!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I know its been mentioned B4 on this thread but the thing that the coyote is missing is direct injection NOT mds.
Im not knocking mds technology but it dosent work on a high reving motor also DI would prolly bring the MPG's on the coyote to 27-29 hwy why do you think Benz abandoned mds and went to DI motors they are more efficiant and the tech is easier to incorperate.

One more thing i work for dodge and mds makes aftermarket exhausts sound like @$$ and the drone is soooo bad

Current Mustang: Tungsten Grey 2007 V6 pony package maunal.
Go: GT take-off muffler, CAI, strut tower brace
Show: Yellow Brake calipers, limo tint, smoked out tail lights 3rd brake light front signal lights and rear marker lights, chrome shift knob

Past Mustang(dads car) : 1986 GT 5.0 Red manual
Go: 91 motor, stage 1 HCI upgrade edelbrock exhaust
Show: Rear Window Louvers, limo tint
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2VipeRS View Post
My '12 v6 is beautiful, wonderfully designed, perfectly engineered, detail oriented and extremely practical. Thanks ford for making my favorite car!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Welcome to the " Love Your Mustang Club "

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page