Was Going To Be A New Owner Tomorrow - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned

I agree there are a few people (for lack of a better term) that stink up this forum. Totally classless as well as clueless peolple that couldn't muster half a brain between all of them. They try to sound like they know something, but it's so easy to tell they don't. I'm sure by now the OP knows who they are. I say good choice OP and if there is anything the rest of us can do to help please continue to ask in the intellegent polite way that you did!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Yep, I along with many others have been watching what many mustang owners have endured. I was very informed when I purchsed the car about a month ago about the possibility of tranny problems. I decided to roll the dice. If I got one that has the tranny issues, then I would cross that bridge when I came it and trade it on the challenger and cut my losses. If, on the other hand, I did not have the tranny issues, then that is great for me. So, far, just over 2K on the odometer and no issues. Clunky...well, yes, but, hell, on the other three mustangs the transmission was always a beast. No problems yet, no grinding, no skip shift on me yet...nothing. I will admit the temps have been warmer, above 60 or so around here, so we'll see what happens in November..Until then, drive on.. So, do what is best in your mind. Roll the dice or no..but, with whatever car you end up choosing to buy, the chances they will ALL be perfect are slim I would bet. There will always be some that are just crap and slip through quality control.

Slower traffic, keep right...

2012 GT Premuim black, 400A black, 6-speed, comfort, security w/HIDs, brembos, GT 4 package matte black stripes and a 3.55.
Mods: Borla S-Type Catbacks, Lamin-x tint, LED license plate lighting.
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
Based on the posts in this thread attacking the OP for doing his homework... And the fact that the 2011 and 2012 transmission threads EXIST to support owners with problems because Ford WON'T... I'd have to disagree completely.
You can't leave it alone. Please don't get me cranked up again. The "cease fire" has been nice.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
You can't leave it alone. Please don't get me cranked up again. The "cease fire" has been nice.
LOL. Truce still stands!!!

I'm just stating a fact... that the 2011 and 2012 transmission threads are there to support owners having problems.

Don't go getting all cranked up again. LOL
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ml#post2595026

What a fun car.

Current Ride: 2014 RAM 1500 SPORT
Toy: 89 RX7-Turbo (Future LS Swap)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page