Sickspeed Customer Service - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Sickspeed Customer Service

Anyone have any experience with Sickspeed customer service? While I like the shift knob, they sent me one with the 6 speed "R" opposite. RUR instead of RUL.

I've tried contacting them at 3 different emails, ( no phone listed ) and don't get any response from anyone. The other vendors on here appear to have great customer service, so I'm really surprised here. I'm about ready to dispute payment on Paypal but thought I'd check in here first.

Just joined this great forum, just got my 2011 GT, black on black. Love it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011
Apprentice

I bought a rally shift knob from them off ebay also. It was supposed to be a white ball with black rally stripes. After the auction I get an email saying there out of stock and will send me any other type.
I sent them a long email basically saying "kiss my ass" send me the item that was on auction. After 3 weeks the shift knob arrived, its awesome, but I would never buy from them again.
I believe they are a one man operation, he runs this bussiness from his home.
Here are some pics of the shift knob.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1206.jpg
Views:	2542
Size:	1,000.4 KB
ID:	132355   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1194.jpg
Views:	3664
Size:	697.2 KB
ID:	132356  

2011 Mustang GT 5.0: Performance White: Brembos: 3.73: 6sp: GT/CS front fascia: Boss 302 splitter: Roush billet grill: Steeda Ultralites: Tokiko D-spec : GT500 strut mounts: UMI adj.panbar: Steeda Billet LCA: Hurst Billet Plus Shifter: Airaid CAI: SCT Tuner w/Bama custom tune: Roush axle back:
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011
MACH I Member

Welcome to the forums Matthewcolumbus. Hope you are loving your Black/Black as much as I am enjoying mine

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

I am definitely loving the new Stang! Just a follow up for anyone else considering Sickspeed - think he just takes longer to respond to emails, but they will be taking care of me with an easy exchange.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

DACAM I also purchased a knob from sickspeed just like yours, did you have an issues with the knob working with the shifter handle? I have an 07 GT and the adapter does not seem to thread very far down, I haven't completely installed it because I am waiting for the shift boot adapter but any info you could would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Eric

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member

OP, I bought mine from Ebay..I had contacted Sickspeed directly when I was considering a custom one. It took a week or two for them to reply but they did and were willing to make custom ones. I'm sure they'll hook you up. Loving the old school cue ball shifter from them.

My adaptor was tight on the threads when I screwed it in but I think it might have been the teflon tape I used to prevent rattles. I ended up using one of those flexible rubber pads you use to help unscrew jar lids to help me get it on. I think the tight threads would be an advantage for preventing rattles/unscrewing....

I just looked at the original date of this post...

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page