Amsoil Oil and Ford Warranty - Page 26 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post
Beast, I forgot to ask, since you sell I assume a variety of oils, how you would compare the amsoil XL line to the pennzoil platinum and mobil oils, seeing that we have a bunch to choose from now. Resist the urge to talk about the signature line. We know its the best so lets not

Jesus cat, a little warning next time would be nice, I just spit a mouthful of pepsi all over my computer desk laughing!!!

2006. GT. Automatic. White w/Black Stripes. 4.10 FRPP gears. JLT Cold Air. SCT X3. 93oct Race Tune by Bama

RWHP? Who cares!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Beast, I forgot to ask, since you sell I assume a variety of oils, how you would compare the amsoil XL line to the pennzoil platinum and mobil oils, seeing that we have a bunch to choose from now. Resist the urge to talk about the signature line. We know its the best so lets not
XL is their mid grade lubricant, and contains a dominant group III base stock with a smaller percentage of group IV. The percentage isn't known to me, but a safe assumption would lie in the 80/20 ratio.

XL is formulated to comply with API SN and GF-5 certifications, like all of the other group III/IV blends on the auto parts shelf. Regular Mobil 1 synthetic is blended very close to the same as XL, and for good reason. It was formulated to compete with regular Mobil 1 synthetic, Pennzoil Platinum, etc. You are getting the same performance from XL that one would expect from regular Mobil 1 synthetic and Pennzoil Platinum. No more, no less.

Pennzoil Ultra is the equivalent of Amsoil OE, as both are 100% group III base stocks. Isn't it sad that Pennzoil Ultra contains a cheaper base stock, yet sells for more money than Platinum that does contain a percentage of group IV. Pennzoil is ripping off the world with Ultra, and why I have even more respect for Amsoil OE. You can buy OE as a preferred customer, and in case quantities for only $4.45 per quart. I've seen stores sell Pennzoil Ultra from $6.99-$7.99 per quart.

2009 Shelby GT500
post #378 of 390 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

This is the Lazarus thread! :hihi:

It boggles my mind how these oil companies make decisions to spec their oils. Consider the new 5W-20 XL oil which meets the new ford WSS-M2C945-A spec:

XLM 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil
  • API SN, SM...
  • ILSAC GF-5, GF-4...
  • ACEA A1/B1
  • GM 6094M
  • Ford WSS-M2C945-A, WSS-M2C930-A
  • Chrysler MS-6395N

but the 0W-20 oil does not:

XLZ 0W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil
  • API SN, SM...
  • ILSAC GF-5, GF-4...
  • ACEA A1/B1
  • GM 6094M
  • Chrysler MS-6395
Mobil's 5W and 0W synthetic oils do however. Which company do you think is more marketing saavy considering most new Ford models are spec'd to use WSS-M2C945-A?

0W oils are popular in Canada and the northern US.

I really want to drop some 0W oil in there for the winter and even though it no doubt is better formulated than the 5W (more group IV oil in it apparently), being more robust, Amsoil is limiting its market. If mobil can do it, why can't they?

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

GT Member

Quote:
It boggles my mind how these oil companies make decisions to spec their oils.
Don't I know it :nogrinner

Quote:
If mobil can do it, why can't they?
Mobil has a sweatshop they call a marketing department...

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
post #380 of 390 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubkap View Post
Don't I know it :nogrinner

And marketing is what they do the best!

Does Kathy Lee have anything to do with the sweatshop?

GT Member

Quote:
And marketing is what they do the best!

Does Kathy Lee have anything to do with the sweatshop?
Every wannabe Mobil marketer has to get her stamp of approval first

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
post #382 of 390 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

41 minutes and still no beast. Where is he?

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubkap View Post
Do they employ underage children? I need to make my kids more productive.

Quote:
41 minutes and still no beast. Where is he?
I was on other forums answering PMs, sorry for the delay.

I honestly have no clue why an oil that should carry the certification, doesn't. I don't approve of everything Amsoil does as a company, some things make no sense to me at all.

Example.....Amsoil health division and landscaping...ummm, yeah....gay!

2009 Shelby GT500
PONY Member

Resurrecting this thread

This might be a mistake, but after reading some 20 pages of banter on the topic of using Amsoil and whether it meets the proper specs of Ford WSS-M2C945-A, I thought I would resurrect this thread.

What I can see from reading the Amsoil literature, the Signature, XLM, and OE 5W-20 products meet the Ford specs for the 2012 5.0 litre engine. So, if I am correct, you should be able to use any of these products without any potential warranty issues? Correct?

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryyf View Post
This might be a mistake, but after reading some 20 pages of banter on the topic of using Amsoil and whether it meets the proper specs of Ford WSS-M2C945-A, I thought I would resurrect this thread.

What I can see from reading the Amsoil literature, the Signature, XLM, and OE 5W-20 products meet the Ford specs for the 2012 5.0 litre engine. So, if I am correct, you should be able to use any of these products without any potential warranty issues? Correct?
None of Amsoil's lubricants will void your Coyote's warranty. Now that Ford has the #8 cylinder fail issue wrapped up, it's full sail ahead.

2009 Shelby GT500
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post
None of Amsoil's lubricants will void your Coyote's warranty. Now that Ford has the #8 cylinder fail issue wrapped up, it's full sail ahead.
Thanks for the quick response Beast.

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryyf View Post
Thanks for the quick response Beast.
Anytime my friend.

2009 Shelby GT500
GT Member

Quote:
I missed this news. What was the issue, how was it corrected, and why would this change their oil specifications? All we know is that Ford deleted the oil squirters and coated the pistons on 2013 models likely in the name of saving cost.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
I missed this news. What was the issue, how was it corrected, and why would this change their oil specifications? All we know is that Ford deleted the oil squirters and coated the pistons on 2013 models likely in the name of saving cost.
The "unofficial" cause released from Ford is that an assembly line worker with discontent for Ford was assembling something in the #8 cylinder incorrectly, and on purpose.

This was spoken from someone in the loop with Ford, and very credible.

2009 Shelby GT500
Apprentice

Quote:
The "unofficial" cause released from Ford is that an assembly line worker with discontent for Ford was assembling something in the #8 cylinder incorrectly, and on purpose.

This was spoken from someone in the loop with Ford, and very credible.
Holy hell but this post required revival from the dead, I'm surprised that guys head isn't on a stick in front of Fords HQ.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page