sirius radio capability - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

sirius radio capability

Anyone else surprised the base GT does not have satellite radio capability even though the sirius button is on the controls. The dealer said they could add the part for $625?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim garity View Post
Anyone else surprised the base GT does not have satellite radio capability even though the sirius button is on the controls. The dealer said they could add the part for $625?
ticked me off also. And it cost the same even at after market stores. Heck just to have the aftermarket sirius unit installed as part of the car its 260.00. If I wanted to make my sirius button work it would be 580.00. I just play sirius through my phone. If you have it on another car you can just download the app to your phone and run it that way through the Aux. input.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011
Apprentice

If you don't want to pay $625 for the Ford OEM kit, you can go with an aftermarket kit that does the exact same thing for about $230:
Complete Sirius Install Kit for Factory Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Vehicles

2012 Grabber Blue GT/CS, Glass Roof, Electronics Package, HID/Security, Remote Start
Roush Axleback, 20% tint

Ordered 3/7, Built 5/20, ETA 6/3, Delivered 6/15

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Ouch, unless that much money got you SYNC too I'd just get a really good iPod and pocket the $400+ difference.

For about a week before I bought a second USB cord for my car I plugged my iPod into the auxiliary port just like I did in my 2009 and it played just fine.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 412horses View Post
.......I'd just get a really good iPod...
The one negative with that idea is 5 years from now you'll be listening to the same stuff, or 1 song for every 3 commercials. Commercial free music is hard to beat. I had my dealer install it thinking it would be a factory install (a permanent fastening of the ant), but would now buy the kit instead, as that is what was used.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015
Apprentice

Garage
Old thread I realize. The kit that was linked to earlier (looks like it's $370 now instead of $260), I didn't notice an external antenna. Or if it was, was more discrete than the ford OEM ugly looking satelitte radio antennas. Are there any pictures of the above mentioned kit installed on a car? Is the antenna mounted inside (like on the front window?). I'd love satellite radio, but not so much if it means drilling a hole in my roof and spending $600+. Not to mention I had it on my old mustang and the antenna was rather tacky.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page